Thursday, January 12, 2006

Facing reality

Okay, I'm over my romantic fantasy about donuts today. I look back on yesterday and blush. That wasn't love. That was lust. And I exaggerated when I said I could never love another as I love the chocolate-iced cake donut. Truth is, I could eat Shipley Donuts glazed donuts, the best donuts ever made, until I puke or lapse into a glucose-induced coma.





Same goes for Round Rock glazed donuts, which are pretty much like Shipley's except with this wacky yellow glaze, which deters me from eating them not in the least. To understand how great these donuts are, take note of the following: my first job ever was working at a Shipley's on the weekends from 6 a.m. to Noon when I was 15. We could eat all we wanted while on duty. You'd think I'd never want to touch another one. But if you can even think that, it means you've never had a Shipley glazed donut - certainly not a warm one, with freshly crystallized glaze. No, there is no tiring of that.

I also confess to having a soft spot for the cake donut bathed in powdered sugar (sigh). But as I said, this is not love. It is lust. I know that now.

1 comment:

Judy said...

ohmygoodnesssssssss....

You said,

ROUND ROCK DONUTS!

Are those not the absolute best???

Scott used to wait in line for-evah to buy those for me - their secret is egg yolk - that's what makes the dough so yellow. He asked.

Come home, little yellow wonders, come home. I've missed you!!!!