Monday, January 26, 2009

There's nothing worse than a petty man in a position of power.

The first six seconds of this video (and the 4:59 mark) was me this morning on my way to work - only not to another driver that I'd just clipped but to a complete jerk of a sheriff's deputy.

Said deputy thinks that "public service" means to mock a member of the public when his fellow deputy is sending that member (a driver) the wrong way and the driver yells at him (because the driver is in a moving car and that's the only way the deputy would be able to hear what they're saying) to tell them so.

It was scant satisfaction to be able to call him that, knowing he could do nothing about it since he had stay rooted in place, directing traffic, but it was satisfaction nonetheless.

Public service = mocking? I think not.

The rest of the video improves my mood, though. I gotta add this movie to my "favorites" on Facebook...



P.S. I've also many times delivered the "I'm disappointed!" line, though I'm not sure anyone ever gets it but me, and the apology scene about 4 minutes in is just plain classic.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Dang, now I'm going to have to write TBS and request that they air "Fish Called Wanda" soon!