Friday, January 09, 2009

Nothing is better...

than this:

Except, of course, the BCS getting it right and having the OTHER team and the OTHER quarterback that beat OU this year playing Florida for the national title. But that was too obvious. So, I'll take Stoops angry and failed yet again. That's 2 and 7 now for OU in BCS bowls. Very impressive, Stoops. Very impressive.

Oh, and I think after last night, we can also see that the Heisman voters made the wrong choice as well. Maybe someday there will be a playoff system to avoid shams like last night, and we'll vote on individual awards, such as the Heisman, AFTER the bowl games/playoffs are over - when the season is actually over and the various candidates have had a chance, in some cases, to go head to head.

(By the way, thanks to those of you who commented on yesterday's post. I didn't publish them all, but I appreciate that some of you DO read faithfully and get something from my blog. As J said, I should look at it as a journal and do it for myself and if others enjoy it, then so be it. So for now, I'll soldier on!)

2 comments:

Judy said...

Aw, da poor Baby Stoops is all sad and unhappy wid da wittle OU boo-boos! WAH WAH WAH!!!!

While a win might have given UT some ground as well, I'm glad to see old Stoops get put in his place. I have two favorite teams: UT and everyone who plays against OU.

Johnny Austin said...

Yeah Baby! Stoops and his stupid sooners can't steal a BCS win to save their lives...