Monday, July 09, 2007

Lame day

Having trouble deciding what to post about today - not because I can't get motivated about anything, but because there are so many things rattling around in my brain. I can't decide which one to focus on. I've tried twice to post and given up both times as I got interrupted by other things and then lost interest in continuing the original post.

Oh hey - some guy just walked past my office. Big dude with a bluetooth phone thingie in his ear. Who is that? We're a small office and there's only one other person past my office. Guess he was going to see her. She's not there. Who IS he? Her husband?

I had a dream last night that our office had some kind of "team-building" event going on - a party or a happy hour or something, I don't know. But some of my co-workers were sitting around in a circle, and it turned out one of them was a medium, and he had a spirit guide who would predict the future for people who worked in the office. I joined the group, thinking it would be fun to hear my future, only to be told I was going to be fired, and I got the impression it would be soon.

I was understandably upset in the dream, what with just having started my job and now all my co-workers know I'm going to be fired. I then woke up, and of course, tried to figure out what I'd done that I'd be fired for. Then I woke up a little more and tried to talk myself into believing that it was just a garden-variety nightmare, not a sign of some kind.

I've had to take two calls today from people I don't know. I've apparently crossed some sort of "new employee" line where I'm now expected to take the calls that someone who actually knows this job would take. Except I don't know that much yet, so I couldn't answer their questions. One was rude and the other was mildly exasperated and exasperating, since I couldn't seem to get through to her that I DON'T KNOW!

My head hurts.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Sounds like a Monday to me.