Sunday, March 25, 2007

Sunday, Sunday, better than Monday, Monday

Okay, so I promised an update about the car situation, but didn't get to it. So, I'll give a quick one tonight.

The Cougar is at the car plastic surgeon's, where they have successfully buffed out the scarring, and hopefully by now applied paint. The paint must dry, then there is some kind of buffing they do to the paint, and then my face-lifted little kitten will come back home. The body shop said the original target date was next Friday (the last day I was approved for a rental car by State Farm...imagine that coincidence), but he thinks it may be more like Wednesday.

I have enjoyed tooling around in my rented Sentra this past week, but I'm ready to have my car back. I know where all the controls are in my car, and I'm paranoid in the rental about someone dinging it or hail (we may have hail tomorrow) and other things I might have to pay for since I didn't buy the rental insurance. I've been very happy with all the service I received so far from State Farm, the body shop (Austin Motor Mile for those who would like to know), and Enterprise. We'll see if I'm still happy when I see my State Farm premium in August. I'm not sure if it'll go up or not - I've had this car 5 years and this is my first claim. But it won't surprise me in the least if the raise it. If they do, I can always shop around for a new company. Several people have told me they're happy with Progressive.

Anyhoo, that's where we are. All is going smoothly, and hopefully I'll have my own little 5-year-old Cougar back on Wednesday. As for the a-hole who keyed me, I've had several people tell me I should go after the jerk. It'd be fairly easy to figure out who did it - the parking garage might even have cameras. But I just want it to be over with. I have some other stressors in my life right now that I'm trying to keep a handle on, and adding a war with a low-life piece of crap vandal would not do me any good emotionally. As I said before, that person will reap what they've sown. I'll leave it to karma to take care of them.

Okay, that's it on the car. I'm going to go watch tv and think about more pleasant things. Happy last night of the weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Austin motor mile is outstanding.

You're such a good car-mommy! My poor Gator has so many dings and scratches...poor thing. I think it has just about worn out its welcome around here - I've been shopping for a new-to-me car now, and when THAT happens, it isn't too long before mama gets a new set of keys!

When's lunch/dinner?