Thursday, March 29, 2007

Good Morning, America!

Does Diane Sawyer annoy anyone else? Maybe it's just me. But she really gets on my nerves.

On the one day a week I'm actually home at 7 a.m. on a weekday (not for much longer, though - next week will be my last day of doing so...and of having Internet access on Thursdays...sigh), she sneaks up on me. I'm watching the news on the local ABC affiliate, as is my habit in the mornings, and then suddenly, it's 7 a.m., and she's booming at me with that man voice of hers.

I can hardly stand to listen to her. It's like she started her career as a man on radio, and when she got the Good Morning America job, no one ever told her, "You're not on radio anymore, Diane. You can speak in your normal voice now."

And her "interviews"? Stop acting like you're doing something, Diane. Seriously. Shuttie.

I should work on doing an impression of her. Then I could do it parties to people who think she's not annoying. From that moment on, everytime they see her, all they'll think about is my impression of her. And then she *will* annoy them. And they'll say, "Oh my God, Suzanne was right. I can't watch her - change the channel." And then they'll have to bring Charles Gibson back. I liked him.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Gah, I miss all the good stuff on TV! I didn't know Diane Sawyer was doing GMA! I've missed all this time to make fun of her, too!

mc said...

I can't stand Sawyer!! Is this the same girl who championed to outlaw the lawn dart? Something rings a bell...