Monday, November 27, 2006

A week without blogging.

Man, too much happens when I don't have enough Internet time to blog for a week! My Internet/computer problems should all be resolved this week, though. Hallelujah. Let's hit the highlights from the last week and then I'll recap TAR.

First was Thanksgiving. I had an enjoyable Thanksgiving on all fronts. We hit a snag traveling to Houston on Tuesday night. There was an accident just east of Sealy that shut down I-10 for almost an hour and a half. It was bizarre. Many of us just turned off our cars and lights and sat there in the dark. We got out and walked around a bit, talking to other people, but it was pretty cold, so there wasn't so much of that. Everyone was suprisingly low-key about it, though. No one got mad or uptight. We all just hung out and waited for it to clear. It's amazing how you can relax with 5 days away from the office ahead of you! :)

Friday was the UT v. anm football game. It was painful for me and I won't say much. Colt didn't seem to be back on his game, and I'm greatly concerned about him being injured again. I wish we wouldn't even go to a bowl game at this point. The aggies certainly showed their true colors in the last 2 minutes with two cheap shots on Colt, even though they were ahead and likely to win. Real class act, aggies.

Saturday I started putting up my Christmas decorations. I didn't decorate for Halloween or Thanksgiving, so I'm pumped about getting in the spirit for Christmas! I think I'm the first one on my street with my lights up.

Sunday I went to a party to celebrate the marriage of one of my friends. She and her boyfriend went to Kauai for 8 days and got married on the beach! Just the two of them and their officiant. The official for the wedding also took their pictures, so they had this gorgeous, private, romantic ceremony and honeymoon. The pictures were incredible. Yay for Lauren and George! Happiness forever, my friends!

And this brings us to TAR last night. I didn't think I cared anymore who would win, but I did find myself rooting for Bama, and I even wanted Rob and Kim to do well - mostly because I want the Blondes to be out. I will really hate it if they win. Let's recap.

1st task: fly to Morocco.
The teams all caught up to each other by the time they got to Morocco. The blondes tried to Crest Whitestrip smile their way into an earlier flight in Italy (I think they were in Italy), but the female ticket agent wasn't impressed. Imagine that. Bama was smart and got a map in Paris to figure out where to go once they got to Morocco. It allowed them to jump ahead and get to their Moroccan destination first. The only problem is that it was closed til the morning, so all the teams caught up again. So frustrating that they're finally in first place, and everyone catches up.

Yield.
The models and Rob and Kim yield no one, which I didn't get. Why wouldn't you yield the Blondes? They're your closest competition. But they didn't, which left the yield open to the Blondes to use, which they did on Bama. That sucked, but the fact is, Bama would've used it on them, so no one can really act pissy, though Bama did. They tried to make it sound like that showed the Blondes were bad people, but again, Bama planned on using it, so how can they say that? Don't be hypocritical, people. It's just part of the game. It *does* engender bad blood, so if you use it, know that's what may come of it, but it is a legitimate tool. It's not cheating, like when Bama jumped in front of the line of people waiting for cabs.

The Blondes DID show their true colors when Rob and Kim were getting a flat and they wouldn't tell them, though. They finally did, but only after Rob had already figured it out. And they smiled and laughed about not telling Rob and Kim. Those girls really are not good people. They'll smile their pretty beauty queen smiles as they stab you in the back. Ugly inside doesn't overcome pretty outside. I can't believe Rob and Kim had car trouble again. Karlyn tried to say if they always have trouble, it must be something they're doing, but that's stupid. It's just been bad luck.

Detour. Throw It or Grind It.
I would've chosen Grind It, just like all the teams did. Throwing pots, as Karlyn pointed out, is not as easy as it looks. I loved, loved, loved the Blondes passing by the Detour and having to double back then ending up last. My favorite moment of the show.

Pit Stop.
It's too bad Bama can't run faster or they would've been first at the pit stop. The real disappointment was the fact that Blondes were saved from elimination by it being a non-elim round. That sucks. It would truly have been a glorious day if they'd been knocked out. Unfortunately, we'll have to suffer them at least one more week. Please, oh please, get knocked out next round.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Yeah, the non-elimination was a total let-down.

And I'll not mention the UT game if you don't anymore. Just not pretty. The officiating sucked big time - even my SIL aggie said the game was so awfully officiated!