Friday, November 17, 2006

Big Mac is here!

By "here" I mean that it's in my car, awaiting transport to the Apple Store today so the techs can copy the info over from G3 and then wipe G3's hard drive. I have to ask them exactly what it is they'll be copying over - just the docs I created, or software or what? Big Mac has an updated operating system and some updated software, and I wouldn't want any of that replaced with old stuff! That's probably a really stupid question - what is it they're copying? - but I've never done a transfer before from an old machine to a new one, so what am I - psychic?!

So, I'm very late in getting to the Wurstfest recap. In fact, I'm so late, that mostly I'm just going to throw a few pictures onto the old blog here and comment. Don't worry, friends - I won't put up any of the ones where meat on a stick features too prominently. :) Okay, here we go:

Wurstfest is about many things. Sausage - goes without saying. Oompah music (this guy played that accordian like it was an electric guitar, and he was Eddie Van Halen).


Funny hats.


Dancing.


Conga lines (there are actually two conga lines here, passing in opposite directions in front of the stage).


But first and foremost (let's not kid ourselves), it's about beer.


In fact, I think that only after an appropriate amount of beer, can you properly pick out the right hat.


Beer can help you think about things...like recycling the sticks from your sausage.


It can help give you the courage to ride the ferris wheel.


And it can help you get down with your bad self to "Play that Funky Music Kraut Boy."




So, if you visit Wurstfest next year, and if you live in Central Texas, you just kinda suck if you don't, don't be afraid of the $17 (domestic) pitchers. I know it's pricey, but really, it's all about properly arming yourself for the experience. I mean, if you're going to go swimming, you don't go without a bathing suit, now do you?

1 comment:

Judy said...

Let me tell you, we love it when you tourists come to town - feel free to crash after a night of slushing about anytime, okay? We have a sofa bed AND a spare full size bed (of course, you'll be sleeping in Tyler's room on the latter, but with enough warning, he can bunk in with big brother!).