Thursday, November 30, 2006

Oh snap!

Cold snap, that is! We had an arctic front roll through in the middle of the night last night, and it is cooooold in River City! (And I love it.)

Yesterday, our high was 80 degrees. I mowed the lawn (the consequence of putting down rye grass to get my hated HOA off my back...the HOA that has just granted itself a 20% raise, the a-holes. I don't want to talk about them. It'll ruin my good mood). I used the air conditioner in my car. I put out my spiffy new animatronic, lighted deer lawn ornaments and tried to figure out how to run all my various extension cords so that all my Christmas lights and decorations could be lighted at once (and failed - I'll still need one more cord). It was warm, but not hot.

And then the front began to roll in. The wind began to whip around - I could hear the lights I put up around my front door periodically banging against the doorframe. I kept checking the weather to see when the front would actually get here and what to expect. They talked about cold and rain and maybe sleet sometime after midnight and then a high today of about 40. Whoa! That's a change. But I wasn't hearing anything about wind advisories. Then all of a sudden I see that we're under a tornado watch. That's it!!! In came the spiffy new deer.

The temperature is indeed in the 30s today, and the deer are grazing in my foyer until the wind backs off. That's supposed to happen tonight, so they can go back out into the yard tomorrow. Then, instead of worrying about them being knocked over and broken by high winds, I can just worry about some neighborhood punk stealing them. I would not behave in the spirit of the baby Jesus if someone did that. If they want to steal my ugly, multi-colored lighted plastic angel decoration, they are welcome to it. But if anyone touches my new deer, I'm going Taliban on them. I get happy just looking at them. Don't steal my happy.

When I get all my cords in place and can light everything up, I'll put a picture on the blog of Casa Suzanne, Holiday Style. Maybe I'll even have to wear a coat to take the picture! :)

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hasn't this weather been AWESOME! I'm so excited - Christmas is coming out at our house in about 45 minutes!