Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We did it!!

Well, it's been a real struggle, but as of today, J and I now have a new house in the city! This is our little gem:



I still have my old house and will be looking into renting it out, what with the current house market being total crapola. And there are a few things we want to do to the new house before moving in, but the papers were signed today and we are officially in possession of the keys!

I have kept very mum about all this because we've had some very bad luck in our quest to get back into the city (my current house is great, but it's pretty much near nothing except the airport, and I don't fly much anymore, so it just wasn't fitting our lifestyle very well), and I just didn't want to have to go through explanations if this one didn't work out. We had one deal fall through just two days before closing - title issues. Then we had another deal we tried to work, but the other Realtor was clearly shopping our offer around to investors - I won't say who it was or how we know to avoid being called out for slander or something, but let's just say it was obvious to everyone on our side what was going on.

Then on this deal, it was one thing after another. Time and again we faced obstacles that seemed sure to kill the deal. I finally got to the point last week where I just told God I was turning it over to him. If this wasn't the house for us, he could let the deal die, and I'd trust it was for the best and we'd just stay where we are. Either this was going to work and we'd move forward with our new place, or we'd accept that God wanted us right where we are, and we'd stop looking.

Well, apparently God wants me to live 3 minutes from my work in a spiffy little corner house with a nice neighbor, because the deal went through!

Unfortunately, I have to go out of town tomorrow on business, so I won't really be able to get in and do anything until the weekend, but J is going to get started on a few things while I'm gone. Now, I just have to call my mom and tell her. I should probably ask to speak to my dad first so he can be on stand-by to resucitate her. This will be a bit of a suprise. Hey, I told you I'd kept it all very mum.

3 comments:

Judy said...

ADORABLE!

Hey, is the MLS listing still up? Does it have additional pics I can see?

Johnny Austin said...

We did it babe, back into the city and in something we can both build on... Life is grand ain't it!?!

Tiffany said...

Super super cute. I want to see pictures of the inside.