Friday, September 26, 2008

Oh, you crazy Beavers!

Standing ovation today for Oregon State! For those of you who haven't heard (I can't even address the possibility that you might not care), Oregon State knocked off #1 USC last night. Take that Trojans!

My, oh, my this is what I LOVE about college football! Every week there's a possibility for something really crazy to happen. I'm just bummed that I didn't see the game. I was out with friends, and when I called J at the end of the evening, he told me Oregon State was ahead, but it was half time, so I thought, "Well, USC will probably make some adjustment at the half and then steamroll in the second half."

But they didn't! Those good ole Beavers just kept on keepin' on, and they did it!

Reportedly, Pete Carroll said, "I'm beside myself." Heh, heh, heh.

Now, if someone will just do the same thing to Oklahoma and Stoops.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I watched the whole game all the way to the end, past 11:30 at night, it was awesome, and USC did come back a bit, but man, the shorty, 5'6" something running back for Oregon was killin it! It was super fun to watch and a close game all the way till the end, and yes, TCU has a chance against OU tomorrow... So we'll see...

My excitement was not contained in my front room, I was cheering for Oregon!

J

Tiffany said...

Bring a Oregonian myself I must say I am very proud of the Beavers.

Judy said...

It was a GREAT weekend (well, except for that hideous play late in the 4th quarter when Arkansas went from 3 to 10 points, but hey, a win's a win...)!

Sluggin' Beauty said...

Did you know that Bama beat #3 Georgia???? They are now #2 in the nation!