Thursday, April 26, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Here I am, still in Chi-town. No - still in a Chi-town suburb. Trapped in a corporate hotel.

It's a nice hotel. But when you can't really leave, that becomes what you want to do most. Today, as yesterday, it is rainy and grey. So, walking around in the open-air mall, the only attracting in walking distance, not really appealing. So, I asked if the hotel shuttle would take me down the road to another mall - one with a movie theater. "Sure!" the concierge tells me. "Just set it up with at the bell station outside."

Easier said than done. I went outside and got the lowdown about how the shuttle worked. I checked movie times and went back when I was ready to go, and gee, they were too busy with people checking out - come back in an hour. Um. Okay.

I did some stuff in my room, ate some lunch (which I hadn't really wanted to do here at the hotel...again), then tried again. Gosh, oh gee, they're still too busy. They can pick me up later, but can't really take the time to take me over there. I guess the guy figured I'd take a cab to the mall and then get the shuttle back. But see, now I'm mad at him because I've asked NOTHING of these people since I got here, and the ONE thing I want to do, that I've been assured they'll do, they won't do. So, I don't want to deal with the unhelpful bell captain anymore. He can bite himself.

So, it's back to my room to try and find something to read, watch, do. I'll work out later, but other than that, the day is pretty empty until an awards dinner at 6:30 tonight. Maybe I'll go sit at the bell station and just glare at the bell captain until his shift is over. Just sit there and glare. After all, thanks to him, I've got nothing better to do.

1 comment:

Judy said...

And he's NOT getting any tip, either! BAH!

;-)

At least you're not at the office, though!