Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy (almost) Easter!

Happy almost Easter everyone! Tomorrow is the big day, but this is the moment I've got to write this up, so I'm doing it now.

It's cold and rainy here today - a little return of winter. So, I'm not sure what today will involve, but I'm guessing some TV, some reading, some napping and some eating. I'm at my folks house for the occasion, so I'm not obligated to any housework, which I would undoubtedly be doing if I were at my house. Yay for being a guest!

Yesterday, unlike today, was beautiful - sun shining and temps in the 60s. So, we took a little day trip out to Johnson City. We enjoyed the wildflowers on the drive up then visited LBJ's boyhood home, spent a little time in the museum there about him (I'd like to go back and spend some more time there), drove out to the ranch and looked from afar (it was late in the day by then, so I don't think they were still doing tours).

We drove past a place that's a re-creation of a farm in Central Texas at the turn of the century. They have people there in period dress showing you how all the chores and such were accomplished "back in the day." I went to a similar place several years ago in Massachusetts called Sturbridge. I loved it. I'll have to go back and visit the one in Johnson City.

But not today. Today I'll stay warm and dry. In fact, I think I'll go get some coffee. And if I don't jump online again, have a wonderful Easter!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Brrrr...Suz...what is this weather stuff???

Thanks for the commentary on Johnson City - sounds like a day trip with the boys needs to be planned real soon! They'd love it!