Saturday, April 14, 2007

So cool to have lifelong friends. :)

Had dinner last night with my oldest friend in the world, Judy. It was so great to see her, and I kick myself for not doing it more often!

We live a little more than an hour away from each other, which is close enough that you really have no excuse, but far enough that you can't just pop over and see one another without planning it, so that means we hardly ever end up doing it!

We're both so crazy busy, and we're close to our families, which don't live in the towns where we do, which means we spend a lot of time driving around the state to see relatives, so we go along keeping in touch on email and blogs, then one day you realize you haven't seen each other in more than a year! Aaa!

So, we're definitely going to have a do a better job of finding free evenings like last night - that's all there is to it. It's too awesome to have a friend who has known you your whole life, knows your family, has a similar family (that you know), is the same age and can relate to some of the same things that you're going through at your particular life stage (the changing role of an adult child with aging parents, for instance), etc. to not see them a more regular basis.

Either one of us could end up moving off somewhere and then we'd be saying, "She was right down the road and I hardly ever saw her." (Just don't follow that with "Thank God" Judy!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Z,

I live by my Daytimer. Like you, I'd be lost without it. I can barely dial my cell phone let alone handle a PDA. Paper, for me, is the only way to go. At least we can recycle old pages, right?

Judy said...

Aw, Suz! I had a terrific time, too! Next time, I'm coming your way so the old second fiddle doesn't try to crash the girl-time! HAHA And, then there's always San Marcos...