Monday, April 23, 2007

Aloha from the Windy City!

Yes, that's right, I'm in Chicago, friends! I got in this evening and will be here until Friday morning at a work conference. I'm actually pretty tired at the moment, but I haven't posted since Thursday, so I wanted to jot off a quick post.

I fished for this conference for about 6 weeks, but only found out on Friday that I was going, so it was a busy weekend - wrapping up my trip to Houston and then packing to leave for Chicago. I had a great time in Houston with my family and wasn't in any hurry to leave on Saturday, but I knew I'd need all day Sunday to prepare to be gone for the week.

I worked at the office this morning then flew out this afternoon. I didn't have any major problems, like a plane crash or anything, but I did have a few things that didn't quite go my way today. For one thing, my cab driver from the airport screwed me on my fare. I won't detail all the particulars, but my rudimentary math skills were partially to blame, which only made the situation worse, because I knew I should've caught it. Furthermore, I managed to make two food purchases that I won't get reimbursed for because my receipts don't itemize what I bought.

So, not such a great trip so far, but I hold out hope that tomorrow will be better. I'll try and hit the reset button on my karma when I wake up. The conference is in a suburb of Chicago, rather than in the city itself, so I'm not sure how much of the city, if any, I'll get to see, but I'll try to get a few fun things in. If nothing else, the hotel is very nice and has a hot tub, fitness room, etc., so I can enjoy a little spa-type activity while I'm here.

Speaking of relaxing, I think I'll hit the hay. It's time for this day to be over!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Daaaang - where in Chicago are you? And by the way, the wind gusts are up to 40 mph here today...you didn't have to go THAT far to find wind!