Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ees beautimous.

Gorgeous day here in Austin-town. Yesterday was rainy and dreary - not that I minded since the rainy spring we're having is helping relieve the drought, but still, today is sunshiney and in the 70s and it's just plain, gorgeous. Puts me in a good mood.

Of course, another reason I may be in a good mood is that this is my last work day of the week. After work today, I'm driving to Houston so I can be a chaperone for my nephew's school field trip tomorrow. I'm excited! I love doing vicarious parenting stuff for my niece and nephew. Not having been blessed with a family of my own, I borrow my brother's whenever I can. Plus, when I've had enough, I can go home to my cat. ;)

The field trip is to Moody Gardens in Galveston. I love Galveston, and I've never been to Moody Gardens, so this will be fun for me.

I also get an excuse to have an Antone's poor boy for lunch. Antone's is a Houston delight that I miss very much, but it's not exactly low-cal. I sorta feel like I have to have an excuse for inhaling one. And since we have to bring our own picnic lunch tomorrow, and the Kroger's down the street from my brother's house sells Antone's poor boys, well, it seems like the polite thing to buy one rather than my sister-in-law having to make me a sandwich. See? I'm just being considerate.

Anyway, it promises to be a great day - time with the boy, a visit to Moody Gardens, an Antone's for lunch. What's not to look forward to? And then I get the rest of the weekend with my fam. If only I could leave now and not have to go back to the office for the rest of the afternoon, I would be in perfect spirits starting right now. Just a few more hours, though...head down and power through.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Have a FANTASTICAL time, girl! Can't wait to hear about it later!