Monday, April 09, 2007

So, can I put away my sweaters or what?

Hello, everyone! If you're in Central Texas, you're still freaking out because you're wearing a sweater and it's April. This really is bizarro-world for us. Rest easy, though. Tomorrow, the high is supposed to get up to 80. (shaking head)

If you're looking for something to do on this last day of cold weather, head to the theater and see "Blades of Glory" - the new Will Ferrell/Jon Heder movie. My love of Will Ferrell is well documented here on the blog, but I also like Jon Heder, and they've made a great team in Ferrell's latest sports comedy. It's really funny. I saw it Thursday with some friends, and we pretty much laughed non-stop. The whole thing is funny with some of Will's trademark lines, but Heder is also hilarious. When he's trapped in the bathroom...well, you've just go to see it. You'll cringe and laugh and have to look away and everytime you look back, it'll just be worse/better.

Oh, and I have a new reality show to watch: Top Designer on Bravo. Or is it Top Design? I watched like 4 hours straight of it on Sunday - you'd think I'd know. My mom is actually the one who hooked me. Bravo was doing a marathon of it leading up the season finale on Wednesday, and I'd never watched it, but my mom had seen a couple of episodes, so we start watching one, and she's telling me about the contestants, and before you knew it, we were watching the entire marathon. It had the usual elements I need to get hooked in - a person to root for and a person to hate. I'm now all about Matt winning and Carisa taking her gaudy, immature, rolling-eye ass on back home. Now, if I can just remember to watch on Wednesday night...

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hey girl!

A jacket today and shorts tomorrow - must be Texas!!!!

I love Will Ferrell, too - but I'm waiting until it hits TBS in 2009.

PS I was over off of MoPac and Barton Springs today for some not-so-great news...just wrote about it on the old blog. Thought about calling you, but my puffy cried-out eyes were quite atrocious...best to see me on Friday! I'll be as good as gold by then!