Monday, October 23, 2006

Where to next - Iraq?

I went camping this weekend, and I'll blog about that tomorrow. For today, let's just tackle The Amazing Race!

Okay, so we started by sending the teams to Kuwait. Kuwait. WTF? Is that really the best place to send a bunch of Americans playing a game to win a million dollars? Why not Iran?

Anyway, I wanted to gag when Peter claimed he and Sarah needed a seat because Sarah had a medical emergency because of her leg. He'll completely ignore her disability when he's yelling at her to hurry all over India, but gee, if he can use it to get a quick airline ticket...jerk.

The Blondes were no better with their little Miss California and Miss NY ploy. How big of an idiot was she trying to high five the clerk?

I loved that even though the models got the first flight out, everyone else caught up. Oh, and when did Bombay cease to be Bombay? I'm sure it's probably been something ridiculous, like 50 years, but I was sad to know there's not actually a Bombay anymore.

(Do we have to call for Dr. Mumbai now?)


Fast Forward or Road Block.
I'm glad David and Mary had the FF all to themselves. I can't imagine any other season where that would've happened like that - a team willing to pretend to go for it in order to clear the way for another team, but I wonder if the producers will re-think the 30-minute penalty strategy for a non-elimination round followed by a FF round. Guess we'll see. The Cho brothers definitely filled their karma cup to the rim with that, and they've officially leapt to the top of my list for who to root for.

I definitely could have done this Road Block. I don't like heights, but this was a ladder in a tube, and that I could do. I want to know why Sarah has had to do all of the Road Blocks for their team, though. Did Peter do any of them? Also, I think I would've gotten the puzzle quickly. I'm pretty good at puzzles.

Doofus moment of this episode: Kimberly thinking they were looking for a "grand mask." Good lord, does anyone in 2006 not know that if you're in the Middle East, you're looking for a MOSQUE?

Detour: Manual or Automatic.
- I would've chosen automatic. I wouldn't have wanted to wrestle with 110 lb. bags.
- I loved that when Peter tried to screw over the Chos on where the next clue was, the Chos totally knew he was lying and didn't believe him.
- Peter showed his usual dickness in the car on the way to the pit stop. Sarah had trouble with the map, and when she said she didn't know where the place was, instead of saying something even the least bit supportive or positive, like, "I know - it's confusing. We're in a foreign country and don't have any bearings, but see if you can spot any landmarks, and let's go from there," he says, "No kidding you don't know!" I loved that he was wrong when he thought he'd spotted the sign for the pit stop and it turned out to be for the FF.

Pit Stop
I was glad David and Mary were first and, therefore, saved from elimination or the penalty. That was very like Mary to make sure she gave all the credit to the Chos. And what a relief that the Chos are still in it! #5 is pretty far behind at this point, but it's not last, and it's not eliminated. Peter and Sarah out. Ha. Ha. Ha. I'm thrilled that Peter is out, but sorry for Sarah that he'll always blame her...because he will. I'm very glad she's kicking him to the curb, though. That guy is a jerk.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well... I have much to comment on for TAR! First, I must say that I'm developing a definite "like" for Dave & Mary. At first I was not a fan, but they have proven to be good, decent people and I give them a lot of credit for the respect and affection they have for the Cho's and Lyn & Karlyn.

Awesome Cho bros! What champs!

I found it interesting that the barbies got so ticked off at Lyn & Karlyn for trying to prevent them from getting assistance from one of the locals... especially since, if I recall correctly, the barbies did the exact same thing to another team a couple weeks back when they were trying to get information from one of the local travel agents. Bitches. What comes around goes around, darlin.

I am THRILLED that Peter and Sarah are out! Finally! A team that I *wanted* to be dismissed. I thought the SAME thing about Sarah doing all the road blocks - all the climbing stuff - too. Was Peter just that lazy? Maybe he just convinced her to do these so that he could have reasons to blame her if they failed. And on this, I'll leave you with a final question to ponder... do you think that Sarah might have subconsciously screwed up the map/directions in order to get out of this game with Peter? I think she's competitive no doubt, but it wouldn't surprise me, given how little enjoyment she's been getting out of being with Peter 24/7, that she might have on some level botched their chances so that she could just be done with him.

Judy said...

Angie raises a good point - did Sarah throw the competition??? Wouldn't be surprising. Peter's a jerk. Glad to see them go.

Thanks for the recap...I missed most of it due to a late night at the church. I have GOT to get out of directing the children's choirs because it is interfering with my good TV time!