Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Random thoughts

Today is a random thoughts day!! What's on my mind lately? Here ya go:

1. Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock's new movie, The Lake House. A couple who falls in love via love letters, but they're in different times - he's in 2004, she's in 2006. Stupid.

2. Why are Japanese gameshows so psycho? There's something very pent-up about that society.

3. The World Cup. I'm glad the world is excited about it. Good for them! Gooooooooooal! But I don't care. I've tried to like soccer. I've gone to UT soccer games, cuz Lord knows I love all that is UT. I used to date an English guy in college and watched him play and watched pro games with him. I encouraged my nephew to play. But I just don't care. I don't. In fact, now that the Horns are out of the College World Series, I don't see that I'll be tuning in to ESPN for about 3 months. Sports begin again for me with college football in September. That's just the way it is, man. And I'm not apologizing. I don't have to apologize to the world for not liking the sport that everyone else likes. I don't have to like it. I don't like caviar just because snooty people act like it's good. It's not. It's nasty. I don't believe in living your life under the thumb of peer pressure and saying you like something because everyone else tells you that you should. You like what you like. Be an individual.

4. Britney Spears has gone on record that her marriage is "rock solid" and her husband is "amazing." Let the divorce count down begin. Like I should care, right? I must be jealous deep-down that some uneducated, trashy young thang with limited talent is a multi-millionaire with a husband and children and I'm...not a millionaire and single. But then, I don't carry the seed of a somewhat trained monkey, so I win. I apologize if I've offended trained monkeys by comparing them to Kevin Federline.

5. I love pizza. Papa John's is a favorite, but the cinnastix from Domino's rock my world. (I think this one may be related to my entry from yesterday - that I'm watching my diet again.)

6. I don't own a BlackBerry. I'm sure I would like it if I had one. But is my life diminished because I don't? I don't think so, but can I really know until I have one? No, I'm not in the market to buy one. But I probably will one day because I always like technological stuff once I finally pony up and get it. I'm just a slow adopter. And what's the difference between a BlackBerry and a Sidekick? Are they the same thing?

7. I've decided that I'd like to retire early. Like now. Could someone possibly finance that for me?

8. It's June. It's in the upper-90s. It's very, very hot. And I'm enjoying it. I am. It probably sounds crazy to some people, but I don't mind that it's crazy hot, because that means it's summer, and it's fun that it's summer! I wish I got summers off. I don't. I still have to go to work every day, but summer means cookouts, and shorts and extra hours of daylight, and I'm just happy about it. Yea summer!

Okay, that's enough for now. I hope you're also enjoying summer, pizza and pop culture. I know I am. If you're enjoying soccer and movies about time travel romance, well, I'm glad you're having fun. It's all good.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Blackberries and Sidekicks - yes there is a difference.

Be sure you want one, though, before you think about getting one. I know a gal who has a Blackberry (work got it for her) and she hates it because at their huge corporate office, when she's looking for someone's extension and she's on the 'berry, it asks for the first three letters in the person's last name. A Blackberry isn't set up like a regular phone! ABC are NOT on the #2 key! You have to memorize that stuff or learn the language of Blackberry or something.

Okay, more than you wanted on that, I'm sure.

I'm with you on soccer, though. I try to like it, really I do, but I'd rather watch (read nap) golf. Seriously.

YAY SUMMER!