Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I must have the bird flu.

My agony continues. I cannot shake these freakin' cold. I thought I was on the mend yesterday. I started feeling better in the afternoon, and I had high hopes. Then last night, when I got in bed, it started. The coughing. The hacking, body-wracking, I-think-I'm-going-to-barf-in-the-middle-of-my-cough coughing. The cat actually went and laid down in the bathroom and watched me, presumably gauging whether she should remove herself all the way to the other bedroom so she could get some rest. It was a nightmare.

Or rather, it would've been a nightmare if I could've ever gotten to sleep. I did actually get to sleep at some point - I'm not sure when, but it was sometime after midnight. And it didn't last. After Murphy (my cat) was sure I was sleeping peacefully, she decided to throw up. On my bed. At 4:15 a.m. I wasn't sure who I wanted to die - her or me. After I got up, turned on the lights, cleaned up, and went back to bed, I was sure I would sleep soundly, mostly because my alarm was going to go off at 6:00 a.m., so the maximum damage would be waking me after less than an hour and a half of sleep. I'd be deep in REM at that point. And I was. Today hurts.

Oh, and I think the cold may be morphing into a sinus infection. Things this morning are pointing in that direction. I won't elaborate.

So, still no Alaska pictures developed or energy to write up a travelogue. I still say it was worth it, though, even if it led to this hellish cold/possible sinus infection. So, there, virus demon. You don't win. I'd laugh triumphantly, but it hurts my abs.

No comments: