Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bend the light.

Well, we've had our second installment of Treasure Hunters. I wonder if it's garnering an audience? Last night they started with an "encore" performance of the second half of the 2-hour special from last Sunday. I didn't watch - seen it and recapped, baby. So on to recapping the new episode.

First let me say that I do not like this host as much as I like Phil on TAR. This guys seems computer-generated or something. He's a mannequin. He's not real. Also, I get a little annoyed at the contstant, blatant product placement. This is the worst show I've seen about that. I hope that's not how all shows are going to be in the near future.

The action

The 2:20 a.m. clue call would be painful. I'd need more sleep than that to be functional. I'd have to be taking me a nap on the way to the Lexington mine. Oh, and did anyone even notice that billboard clue about the water? I didn't hear anyone comment on it. That's another complaint I have about this show. The editing is not very good. There have been a number of times where I wasn't sure about something, and it's possible that I've just missed something someone said or that was explained, but I know that at least some of the time it's because they didn't show something important on camera - a reaction or a discussion, etc.

Lexington mine:
I don't like heights, but I'm not claustrophobic, so I could've done this one. And my mind was already digesting the "Bend the light" clue when the Air Force guys figured it out, so I think I might have actually gotten that one. I was impressed with how many teams did. I heard one of the girly teams - Miss USA or Grad Students, I can't tell them apart - complaining because apparently they thought they were working with the Fogals, and after the Fogals got the clue, they took off and left the girls behind. This is a spot where either they didn't show the agreement between the Fogals and the girls or I just missed it, but when the Fogals didn't wait for them, I wasn't sure why the girls were under the impression the Fogals should have waited for them. Did they show an overt agreement for them to work together?

And why did the Browns give the Southies the clue? Was there an agreement between the Browns, Southies and Hanlons? I did hear the Southies saying they weren't going to share with the Hanlons, but I never understood that they were all working together in the first place. Again, did I miss something or did they not show something?

The Hanlons lost in the mine for 11 hours. (No comment necessary. Just shaking my head.)

Wood Bottom:
- Keith Brown tumped the canoe over. Of course, he did.
- My future husband, Air Force Matt, continues to rock on. Send me a postcard, honey.
- The Southies helped the Fogals with their canoe. Are you stupid, Southies? Have you not seen how the Fogals play this game? We're only 3 episodes in and I know not to help them - that they will stab you in back the first chance they get. How could the Southies not know this? When the Fogals took off at the 13th star when the Southies and CIA thought they were all working together, I wasn't suprised in the least. That's vintage Fogals. At least those two teams now seem to get it. Do NOT help the Fogals. They WON'T help you, and they WILL screw you if they can. And then they'll say a prayer for you, because that's not hypocritical.

Lewis and Clark Code:

- I'm pretty good at codes, so I think I would've been quick getting the message.
- The Hanlons stopped racing and went for food???? Are you kidding me??? It's a miracle they weren't eliminated. I really think they'll be next. They just can't hang in much longer. They rarely figure out the clues, and they're idiots about strategy (obviously). About the only thing that could save them is if the Grad Students can't hang in because of the one girl's knee injury. I'm not sure how that will affect their ability to keep playing.
- I'm bummed the Browns got eliminated. It wasn't a suprise, but they were nice and they tried hard and they weren't complete morons, like the Hanlons, so it might've been nice to see them go one more round. But Keith's inability to swim just killed them. Nobody listens to me, and then they're out in Round 2.

3 comments:

Judy said...

Not as great this time as the first, I didn't think, but I'll be watching anyway - can't stop now!

Judy said...

By the way, you are talking about the UNMARRIED Matt, right? The other Matt and Brooke are married.

Did you read unmarried Matt's profile? His favorite book is The Bible! GOOD ANSWER!!!

Suzanne said...

Hey now! I don't go making pretend relationships with other women's husbands! (And just for the record, I think they're both hottie-men, so whichever one was single was destined to be my pretend future husband. :))