Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Happy wedding to you!

So, I mentioned last week that much shopping angst was going on in preparation for attending a wedding last Friday. I should say first off that the much-desired halter dress was finallly acquired at a decent price from Emerald's on Lamar. This is just down the street from By George, which, from the prices, is apparently under the impression it's clothes are spun from gold and chocolate, and Chico's, which will cater to me when I'm 50...but not now. I love my new dress and I got lots of compliments, which every girl needs, so it was all good.

The wedding was great! Laurie and Tony, you are the best, and I have no doubt that you will live a happy life together, forever and ever, amen. Angela, your toast, that their love will only grow so that they look back on their wedding day as the day they loved each other least, was wonderful. I love that sentiment, and wish for us all to find that kind of love. So many loving, mushy sentiments to ponder!

Oh, and lots of drinking, dancing, laughing and embarrassing pictures, too. The reception was great! Really, Laurie, it was one of my favorite weddings I've ever been to!

Highlights of the night: the letters read during the ceremony; the audience participation singing at the reception; the open bar of margaritas and other drinks of which I did not avail myself (the margaritas were too good); the running slideshow of pictures on the wall by the dance floor; the free form dancing, particularly Randi's (get the girl another glass of wine - it only gets more interesting as her empty glasses stack up); the perfect weather; the amazing food.

One interesting note: My butt was grabbed at least 4 times - I would've said 3 (Nikki - no surprise - Amy, and Ronnie), but Randi told me on Saturday that she grabbed it once. I don't remember that, but maybe I quite noticing after a while. Perhaps the pictures will tell the story when they get developed! Oh, and Laurie, there's no telling what will be on that film - Edgar was just wandering around taking pictures without seeming to even frame anything. That guy's a nut! (Mary Beth, you are a brave woman!)

*Note to stalker girl: Only people who know me and have established that I like them and that their butt-grabbing is not creepy may engage in the practice. If anyone un-approved touches my rearend, it gets ugly. It's a permission-only zone, and you don't have permission. Got that? Awright then. (Besides, nobody should be grabbing anyone's butt at church, and that's the only place I plan on seeing you.)

We should all hope that our weddings are that much fun, with that much love and good will and support for us!

2 comments:

Judy said...

Oh PLEASE tell me you will give GC your web address! She needs to hear this from you!

*snicker snicker*

Anonymous said...

What a great recap of the wedding, Z! Thanks for sharing. I did witness some of the butt-grabbing, but it seems you were the most popular in that catagory. I think our friend J may have some juicy moments to share with us as well... wink, wink. Was a truly fantastic event.