Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Your Tuesday TAR fix

Well, I'm just barely getting this recap in before the next installment of TAR, but since they've moved it to Wednesday, some of us need a little Tuesday fix of TAR anyway, so here's my recap of last week's episode!

We started the show with the hippies saying the frat guys are dumb, but lucky. This isn't their normal free love attitude, but since I agree, it made me chuckle and love my hippies that much more. I think it's almost a foregone conclusion at this point that the hippies and the frats will be in the final leg. They've been neck-and-neck at the top of the pack the whole race. The toss up is who the third team will be be.

The Detour was Big Fish, Little Fish. I think I would've gone with Little Fish. It would be a risk, but my initial feeling on Detours like this is that selling stuff is never as hard as you think it will be (I think locals kind of like joining in the game), and I'd have a few concerns about the Big Fish. I'm not sure I could carry 30 pounds of dead weight, I might get lost and/or have trouble finding the right fishmonger, and I wouldn't want to smell like fish the rest of the day. I'm afraid I would've ended up like Monica - covered in reeking fish guts and crying on the ground in the marketplace. Fran and Barry kicked butt on selling their fish and had a good time. Great decision-making this time on their part!

David and Lori showed some early signs of splintering with the bickering in the car. Lori was right, though, about asking for directions. There's no time in this race for getting lost and wandering around because your testosterone won't allow you to ask a local where to go. I can't help but wonder if in the end, that made the difference for them.

Lake was a his usual rude self. Some people would say "Rude American" but that characterization is a burr in my saddle. There are rude Frenchmen, rude Italians, rude Brazilians - anywhere you go you can find rude people and rude people from all over the world travel, so I don't give in to the self-hate. Plenty of polite Americans travel and behave themselves just fine. If the world feels the need to denigrate us, then they're just haters. They certainly work hard enough to get here and get their piece of the pie. But I digress. Back to Lake.

Lake honked at an old man who wanted to cross the street and muttered something. RUDE! Then he called Michelle a "ding dong." She kicked butt on the Big Fish thing. She hoisted that thing like it was nothing and hardly had any fish nasty on her when they got done.

Roadblock: water kayak polo. I'd have had to punt this one to my partner. I don't kayak and don't trust myself not look like Barry or Ray - going the wrong direction or tipping over. Oh, and just by the by, what the hell was Lake wearing??? It look liked some kind of bondage stripper halter.

The leg ended as it does too often - with Eric and Jeremy winning. Phhhhht. I was bummed that David and Lori were out, but they had a great ride, and David is right - what they have as a couple you couldn't buy with a million dollars. They're more fortunate than they can imagine.

Anyone else think we're due for a non-elimination round?

1 comment:

Judy said...

GAAADS, yes, we're overdue for a non-elimination round! Geez!

I'm sad to see David and Lori gone...too bad the viewers don't get a say in the standings (but, of course, that would be live TV and we know it ain't that!).