Friday, April 07, 2006

Meme #2

It's the second meme of my blog! I stole it from my friend Judy's blog. I'll indulge in this today and give my TAR recap from last week tomorrow.

1. Who was your first prom date? Which prom?

Well, I only went to one prom - mine, my senior year in high school. I went with a guy from my homeroom that I really didn't even know! His name was Frank Smith (really...that was his real name), because neither of us had dates.

2. Who were your first roommate(s)?

My first roommate was my dorm roommate my freshman year in college, Stacy. She was fine, but we were like different beings, sleeping in close, but carefully segregated space. She drove a BMW and was a cheerleader and sorority girl who called David on Young and the Restless a "snake." I drove a 1980 Camaro, sneaked into bars on 6th street and called David on Young and the Restless an "asshole." Different worlds.

3. What was your first job?

I was a cashier at Shipley donuts! Shipley's, mmmmmmmm.

4. What was your first car?

My first car that I got to drive as my own was my mom's hand-me-down 1977 Cougar. It was a hoss. But the first car I bought was a 1980 Camaro. I drove the crap out of it.

5. When did you go to your first funeral?

The first one I remember was my grandfather's. I guess I was about 7.

6. How old were you when you first moved away from your hometown?

18, when I went to college.

7. Who was your first grade teacher?

Mrs. Ickert! She had a Dorothy Hamill haircut.

8. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?

My first airplane ride was actually not on a commercial airline. My friend Michelle's dad was a private pilot and flying instructor, and when I was in 6th grade, he took us up for a ride in his plane. We just tooled around! My first flight where I actually went somewhere was later that same year when we took a family vacation to Hawaii. I went from a 4-seater to a wide-body!

9. When did you sneak out of your house for the first time, who was it with?

It was with Melanie, and I think it was around 8th grade. Other than wrapping Martha's house once, I don't remember what we did while running around in the dark! (But boy was it a dumb idea. We didn't have many safety smarts, did we?)

10. Who was your first Best Friend and are you still friends with them?

My first best friend was Stephanie Rickman. Our parents were friends, so we were friends pretty much from birth until sometime in elementary school, when Lee Ray took her place (yes, a BOY best friend!). Stephanie and I didn't live in the same neighborhood or attend the same schools, though (her family was, shall we say, well off), so our lives went in different directions not long after we started school. Props to one of my best friends from elementary school that I AM still in touch with, though! Judy!

11. Where did you live the first time you moved out of your parents' house?

Other than college, when I lived in dorms or in an apartment that my parents paid for, the first time I lived out of my parents' house and paid my own rent was in Houston just after college graduation. I've moved back into their house several times since then, though!

12. Who is the first person you call when you have a bad day?

My mom.

13. Who's wedding were you in the first time you were a bridesmaid/groomsman?

Joelle and Dan's.

14. What is the first thing you do in the morning?

Head to the bathroom.

15. What was the first concert you ever went to?

Hall and Oates' Private Eyes tour, with Melanie, Martha and Melanie's parents. They were troopers to take us!

16. First tattoo or piercing? What age?

No tats, and I think I got my ears pierced when I was 12.

17. First celebrity crush?

Donny Osmond. He was a little bit rock and roll, ya know.

18. Age of first kiss?

7th grade, so 12 years old? Embarassingly, I had to ask my 6th grade friend what to do.

19. First crush?

I started young. My first crush was a boy named James in pre-school. Seriously. I still remember it. I never went through a boy-hating phase until my 30s (just kidding - please set me up with someone wonderful).

1 comment:

Judy said...

I am looking for wonderful for you! Trust me I am!

There are other questions that went with this, but I wasn't going to answer them with my parents reading and all, so you got the lame version! HAHA

I TOTALLY remember Stacy! How frightening is that???