Wednesday, November 04, 2009

It was only a matter of time.

So, the Netherlands took their toll on some teams in this week's Amazing Race. Let's break it down:

1. Fly to Amsterdam
As usual, a stupid flight schedule made the staggered start times of the teams meaningless. This is really getting old. Any time a flight is involved, you know all the teams are going to catch up to one another, so it just wipes out any progress or advantage any teams have earned. The producers really should do a better job of making sure there are at least two different flights for teams, and all the teams can't fit on one flight to keep things more interesting.

The gay brothers came out to the other teams at the airport. My question is: Why? What difference does it make who you sleep with? You're not dating these people - you're competing against them for a million dollars, so what's with the big pronouncement? You're gay. So what? That would be like me feeling like I had to make a special announcement to the group that I'm infertile. Okay, I'm not, as far as I know, but if I were that would be private information that is significant to my life but nowhere near relevant to the task at hand. It's nothing you need to hide, but it's also nothing you should feel the need to announce to the world. It's just a part of who you are. If you want the world to think it's no big deal, then stop acting like it's a big deal. (Climbing down from soap box...)

2. Drive to (a place I can't pronounce or spell)
Poor Brian. He couldn't figure out how to start the car, and then Ericka just jumps on him for being frustrated - like it's not her natural state of being if she can't get something in two seconds. He is definitely the supportive, patient one in that relationship. I laughed out loud when the Globetrotters said the one name they knew from all the teams was Brian's from hearing Ericka screeching at him all the time. "Brian! Brian!"

3. Count the bells
I'm not sure why this was so difficult for Ericka, but my, oh my, didn't Brian treat her differently when she had trouble with the bells than she treated him when he had trouble with the car? Just sayin'. I didn't like Sam giving Tiffany the answer. If she can't do the task, that team shouldn't move on (karma had my back on that one later, though). And I loved watching Matt just knock this task out like nuthin' - zipping past Meghan and Sam. He always stays calm and focused and just gets it done. Reminds me of J (except for the pink hair). :)

Farmer's Game or Farmer's Dance
I got a no-win situation here. If I did the game, the swim across the cold river and then running around in my wet undies in the wind would've done me in. But I think that in the end, that would've been preferable to the dance, because eating that herring at the end would've ended with me hurling for sure. No way I could've choked that down without vomiting it right back. In fact, I feel kinda sick just thinking about it.

Tif and Maria should've stuck with the golf thing. Surely they could've figured that out eventually. If you don't have the strength for that carnival mallet thing, then you don't. But the golf thing should've been doable. I'm suprised that they died on that particular hill. But die they did. See ya, girls.

Sam and Dan on the mat.
So, I have no opinion about Sam and Dan winning the leg. But J and I both agreed that a dune buggy would totally suck as a prize.

It was annoying the way Ericka cried during her and Brian's 30-minute penalty. J and I both agreed that crying when you don't even know that it's going to cost you anything is pointless. If you get knocked out because of it then great - cry. That's a million-dollar sob, baby. But Maria and Tif never showed up, and Ericka and Brian weren't eliminated, so the tears were for nothing. Beauty queens, man.

No comments: