Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Amazing Sweden and its Swedish Swedes

Gonna jump right in on my recap today. Jump with me.

1. Fly to Sweden.
Finally something interesting with regard to the planes on TAR. All the teams didn't end up on the same flight, so the early departing teams actually had an advantage for a change. Of course, they made them leave the Pit Stop at 9:30 at night, and the first flight didn't leave until 6:55 a.m., so for no reason whatsoever, the teams all had to spend the night in the airport. Stupid. Anyway, everyone made it to Sweden, and it was off to the trains.

Some teams were faster than others on the ticket machines for the Stockholm train, but I'm wondering if the machines were complicated or if some were slower than others or if it was just a matter of getting to the machine faster. I couldn't tell from the editing. I also wondered if they were in Swedish only and an English speaker had to just figure out how to use it, but I doubt that. Europeans are pretty good about including English instructions, and I'm sure one of the teams would've mentioned it if there were no English instructions.

2. Amusement park
J definitely would've wanted to do the ride at the amusement park, and I would've wanted him to look for the clue because he's an eagle eye. Everyone got it on the first try, so the arrow must not have been too hard to see.

3. Roaming gnomes and dynamite
Not much to say on this one except I'm impressed that none of the teams left their gnome behind anywhere. I was kind of expecting that - maybe at the dynamite place. Blowing up the dynamite would've been fun, but Meghan was annoying when they were building the sandbag wall. She's so freakin' high strung. I don't know how Cheyne stands it, except maybe in normal life, there isn't so much stress, so he doesn't have to deal with her annoying stressed-out manner that often.

4. Hay bales
I would've killed Dan if he had been my partner on this one. He needed to SHUT UP and let Sam to do the task! If he knew so much about it, he should've jumped in to do it, but he hesitated and let Sam do it, then he pestered him. At first, I thought, "I'd just ignore him." But it was incessant. I'm glad he *finally* realized after a while that he needed to back the hell off.

I'm glad Matt and Gary didn't get eliminated. I like those guys. I don't really hate any of the teams anymore, so I won't jump for joy over any of them getting knocked out at this point, but I think I wouldn't feel any real attachment to Meghan/Cheyne or Sam/Dan getting knocked out. Those are strong teams, though, so we'll see.

No comments: