Monday, September 10, 2007

Round it up

Time for a round-up!

- Longhorns 2-0, but it's been ugly so far. The performances thus far are NOT going to get us past OU next month. So, I'd better see some butt-kicking for the next three weeks. If you're going to ask $75 for TCU tickets (sorry - I swooned for a second), you'd better look like a top-5 team. We do not.

- Britney. Britney, Britney, Britney. I didn't watch VMAs. I never do. I don't watch videos, so it seems pointless to watch the VMAs. But I've seen the video of Britney's performance, and all I can say is "Get thee to a therapist." That girl looked lost. The dancing was half-ass and the singing was most likely lyp-synched and her expression most of the time seemed to be, "What's going on?" I don't know if she was high or if she's just having a complete breakdown, but she clearly needs some help. What a mess.

- Sen. Larry Craig. Shut up and go away. You tried to have anonymous sex in an airport bathroom (ewwwww) and you got busted. What are the odds it was the first time? You clearly do not have the judgment to run this country and you need to have enough shame to get out of the limelight.

- To anyone else seeking sex in an aiport bathroom - anonymous or otherwise - STOP IT. I fly occasionally, and I often have to use the bathroom in the airport before or after a flight. When I enter the bathroom to use the facilities, I am NOT agreeing to enter the champagne room! Granted, I am female and this nastiness seems to confine itself largely to mens' rooms, but I have to think that many a male traveler feels the way I do. If he wanted to go to The Man Hole, he'd pay a cover downtown - he just wants to pee without a floor show. Go home, get a friggin' room or do it in your car, but keep your pants ON or your winkie confined to pee-related activities when in a public place, and that includes a public restroom of any kind (airport, park, etc.). In fact, let's clarify that. If you're in a public place other than a restroom, keep your pants on and zipped with nothing hanging out that shouldn't be. If you need to pee, do it in a restroom with no extracurricular activity. Does that cover it?

- The Democrats held a Spanish-language debate. I can't even bring myself to comment on this one.

- Apparently, Buzz Aldrin has said that former astronaut Lisa Nowak should be admired, but not absolved, for her resolve in confronting the woman her ex-lover had taken up with. Um...yeah...not really. You don't get points for being *really committed* to your jealous insanity.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Yeah, $75 is pretty steep, but spending the game with a friend is...


...PRICELESS