Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Raise the Red Remote

Saw a great movie last night. It's called Raise the Red Lantern. It's kind of like Big Love, only in Chinese and without the humor. But don't let the fact that it's tragedy instead of comedy scare you away if you have the chance to see it somewhere. It's very powerful. It's full of intrigue and tension. I was telling a co-worker about it this morning, and I swear I could've been describing a season of Dynasty...except Blake would've been married to Crystal and Alexis at the same time.

Another evening of intrigue and tragedy was had on Sunday. My friends and I played a TV trivia game, and many lessons were learned. Among them:

1. I am NOT the TV trivia ringer we all dreamed I would be (that's the tragic part).

2. Dave IS a trivia ringer, apparently for any subject. Thus, from now on, when we play a trivia game of any kind, Dave will constitute a team unto himself, and the rest of us may band together as a team against him. Sorry man - it's lonely at the top.

3. Don't let Tony have the remote and a cocktail at the same time.

4. Ridley is destined to fall in love easily and often.

5. Julia picks great gifts.

My parting thought for the day: I *love* short weeks! It's already Wednesday, people!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bring it on!