Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What kind of aliens are you people?

I just read Busy Mom's blog, and she mentions that she doesn't need an alarm to wake up on time. I know two other people with this same bizarre gift, and I just want to know what kind of advanced alien brain you have that you can just SENSE when it's time to wake up and then you can actually do it??

I'm sure I've revealed on here before my love of sleep. I love-a the sleep. I love my bed, and getting in my bed, and snuggling down into my bed to drift off. I love when I wake up in the middle of the night and, after squinting at the clock in the dark, realize I can go back to sleep, preferably for a few more hours. I love the weekends when I know I don't have to get up at any particular hour. The fact that I don't have children to wake me at an ungodly hour on a Saturday almost makes being 38 and childless with no prospects bearable.

I need at least 7 hours to function like someone without a brain injury, and if I could get more like 8.5 or 9, without going to bed while it's still light outside, I would. I like being up in the morning, but only when I wake up on my own. Which brings me to the point I made earlier.

I have no ability whatsoever to wake up at a particular time without the aid of an alarm clock. I think it's possible that the ability to do that may be an evolutionary leap forward. That means that those of you who can do that are mutants. Since my dad is one of those people, I'm happy to report that since I didn't inherit that ability, it means I've returned the gene pool to it's proper mutant-free state. Unless my brother can do it. Maybe he can. It would be just like him...

2 comments:

Judy said...

Not only do I have an alarm clock, but it starts going off at 5:40 for Scott to get up and get ready for bed. By the time I've made the rounds on the dial, the boys are up and my morning begins.

Hey, I guess I could do without the alarm clock because I have two back ups that make SURE I am out of bed by 7 each morning (I know, I know, shut up already about not gtting out of bed until 7!).

mc said...

Alarm clock shmalarm clock.