Monday, May 21, 2007

A suit AND heels. Stop the madness.

My first day of unemployment, and I'm not laying around on the couch eating nachos for breakfast. What kind of world is this???

I actually had an interview this morning for a job I'm 99% I don't want, and I have a second interview at Noon for a job I think I do want. So, I'm in a suit.

At this morning's interview, the staff get big points for telling me the truth about what it would be like to work there. I actually liked the people I talked to, but I can tell you with no hesitation that I would not like being yelled at by the big boss once every 4-6 months just because he's in a bad mood. In fact, I'd prefer not be yelled at ever. It's one of Suzanne's "Rules of the Office." Don't yell at me. Don't forget to pay me. Don't put up cheesecake calendars.

Couple that tidbit of information with a warning I'd gotten from a friend of mine yesterday that my friend knew someone who had worked there and she was miserable, and we can pretty much cross the place off my list. The goal of changing jobs is to be happy.

So, of the three jobs I've interviewed for in the last week, two are already off the table. We'll see how the third one goes this afternoon. This was actually the first of the three I interviewed for, and I had a good feeling about it. If the second interview goes as well as the first, we could be in business. But it's okay if we're not. If I don't get a new job right away, I get to pretend I'm a woman of leisure for a while, and I'm very okay with that.

Assuming I won't spend every day in a suit. Women of leisure aren't supposed to have to wear suits.

No comments: