Thursday, May 24, 2007

Just when I was enjoying it...

Well, Day Three of unemployment featured some yard work, some house work, and a job offer! Yes, that's right - my brand new unemployment already has an expiration date on it. And I must have gotten it on sale, because the expiration date is coming up soon. I start June 4. It's a great offer, and I'm glad to have it (I accepted it, for the record), but honestly...truth be told...I was kind of hoping this whole process might take a little longer. I was really kind of looking for a couple of months off.

It's entirely possible that after the first few weeks I would've been itching for some place to go and something to do. After you get your house clean and all those pent-up projects done, it's got to be pretty boring sitting around by yourself. But still. I've been stuck in an office 40 hours a week for the last 16 years. A couple of months of freedom from the grind would've been nice.

But like I said - I've got the kind of problem one shouldn't complain about. I'll be starting a job in a week and a half that's a step up from my old one, with a nice title and a bigger salary and good benefits. It's not government work, which means fewer holidays, but hey, you can't have everything. My last job was careening into Nazi Germany of the 1930s territory, so a few extra days off were not going to be worth staying.

So, I'll have to do my best to enjoy the next week and a half of freedom. It's all the time off I'll get for the next six months, since I can't take any vacation time for the first six months of my new job. Did I mention that I'm not complaining?

1 comment:

Judy said...

AWESOME!!!!

Congratulations on the new job - will there be blogabilities at the new place? HAHA