Friday, January 26, 2007

I'm finally trained.

Made a quick trip to Dallas this week for some software training. It was actually pretty interesting. But if you tell anyone I said that, I'll deny it.

I may have some things to tell you about next week, but for now, I'll comment on a few current events items:

Scientists have discovered a way to add caffeine to baked goods. This is necessary? Isn't there cancer to cure? Parkinson's maybe? Stop playing God! Shipley's plain glazed donut is nature's perfect food just as it is.

Liz Taylor is backing Hillary for president. Well, gee, if Liz is voting for her.... I try to avoid politics on this blog as a general rule, but I have to make one comment - not about any particular candidate or party, but about celebrities and their political activism. I don't think anyone should be censored about their opinion - if the Dixie Chicks want to say they hate Bush, it's no different to me than you putting a sign in your yard about who you support or what policy you hate (that there's a backlash/result/consequence of expressing that opinion is a subject for another day). We live in America, and in America, you're allowed to express an opinion. Bully for us!

But the idea that my political views should be influenced by someone simply because that someone is famous annoys the crap out of me. Why would I care who Liz Taylor or the Dixie Chicks or Ted Nugent is voting for? Why on earth would I form my opinions based on what Barbara Streisand thinks...or Susan Sarandon or Bo Derek or any other actor/singer/celebrity - Democrat or Republican? What matters is not what celebrities think! What should matter to you is what YOU think when you look at the ISSUES and where a candidate (not a *party* - a *candidate*) stands on that issue. Educate yourself on the issues and form your own opinion, then vote for the candidate that best reflects your views. All your candidates may not win, but at least your voice has been heard - your real opinion reflected. If you're voting straight ticket, you're not even thinking, and a populace that can't be bothered to think is a populace in trouble.

So, there.

Oh, and speaking of Liz and celebrities, Liz's Gal-Pal Michael Jackson is back in the U.S. What. A. Relief!!

Last but not least, I was catching up on Busy Mom's blog and she said she wishes she liked Peyton Manning. It's okay, Busy Mom. I like him enough for both of us. I like him a lot. I really like you, Peyton. You make me laugh in those Mastercard commercials, and you're cute. And I like the foosball. I don't watch pro football, but I would if you personally wanted me to. And I'd root for the Colts. Did I mention that I like you, Peyton? I like him.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Yeah, what is there not to like about Peyton Manning?