Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Wow - can you *believe* it's 2007? I so cannot. And I was there!

I've been MIA from the blog the last week and a half. It's been very busy. I had a software glitch, and we had a death in the family, plus the death of a family friend, plus a long Christmas Eve up all night with my nephew who ate too much Christmas fare and gave it back to us over the course of several hours (When they named them "pigs in a blanket" I don't think they meant it literally - that you should later have to pick the pigs out of a 6-year-old's blanket. Of course, that's not really accurate. I didn't so much have to pick them out of the blanket as I did out of the washing machine and off the floor after I'd washed the blanket and then removed it from the washer. Goes without saying I washed the blanket a second time.). And that was all in addition to the usual busy-ness of Christmas and New Year's, and a week-long visit from my much-loved niece and nephew, which I enjoyed immensely, but was exhausted when it was over. How do you parent-types do it??

I had a GREAT time with my friends last night at the New Year's Gala! I haven't downloaded any pictures yet, so you'll have to wait on that, but a good time was had by all. Here's hoping the rest of the year will go as well. I have made only one resolution this year, so by narrowing down my goals to *one* maybe I can actually accomplish it. It's finishing a project I've been working on for several years - I'm not kidding. Years. I honestly have no idea if I made any resolutions last year, but if I did, it was probably the same one I'm making this year, which is an indication of how I can procrastinate when I put my mind to it.

In my defense, it's not so much procrastinating as it is getting distracted. I start something, and then 16 other things pop up, and I deal with those, realize I've gotten behind on the original project, rededicate myself to the original project, make a little headway, feel good about it, then new things pop up, and I start the cycle again. I actually get quite a lot done and live a very busy life. It's just that certain big projects take forever for me to finish because I keep having to handle myriad small ones. In fact, as I sit here writing this, thinking about the project I made my resolution about, I've begun thinking of several other projects I need to get done. See - I'm not even working on the original one and I'm distracted by other things? Maybe it's ADD. Or ADHD. Or OCD. Probably just WTF.

1 comment:

Judy said...

Hey - it has only taken me almost a week to get over here - my computer has been crazy lately!

Happy New Year!