Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Two hours, better than one.

Well, even though I read the online summary and did a recap of last week's "Treasure Hunters," I still watched last week's episode before this week's aired. And it was even more fun watching the Hanlons get their karmic comeuppance than it was reading about it!

I won't recap it again, but a few thoughts after watching the episode:

- I love Boston. Really, it's one of my favorite cities. If I had a lot of money, I'd like to live there for a while.
- Katie Fogal is annoying as hell. If she's not seasick, she's carsick, she's scared, or she's tired. I'm so sick of her crying, whining, etc.
- Old Newgate Prison - I've been there! My ex-boyfriend lives in CT, and on one of my visits to see him, he took me there. It was closed when we went due to some kind of funding problem they were having, but we poked around the outside anyway, and I recognized it when I saw the footage last night! Cool.
- When Air Force busted the Southies on their little collaboration with 5 other teams to oust AF, the Southies weren't man enough to admit it and actually tried to say that working as a group to oust a team is no different than AF helping the Fogals at times. Pathetic.
- LOVED Tony Brown's comment about the Hanlons: "There have never been three collective minds on the face of hte Earth more devoid of intelligence than those three men." I am glad the son apologized for his dad's repellent behavior, though - he's the only one with any brain and any integrity.

Now, on to this week's show. I was kind of tired last night, so I mostly have comments rather than a recap. Here we go:

- Charlie, the bitchy Genius, to be slapped down. Slapped. Down. He's been a yippy, little a-hole dog since the first leg and I want him to shut up.
- $30,000 mid-hunt prize. Yeah, baby!
- I think I would've napped on the drive from NY to SC.
- How hot are the AF guys when they're tramping through the swamp, and nothing slows them down? Up to their chests in muck? No problem.
- 101 degrees and 98% humidity? That is hell on earth, man.
- Hey, Katie's having a meltdown. Imagine that. What a treat it would've been for the viewers if her folks had dropped her from the team, but I knew they wouldn't. My mom certainly wouldn't have. It was a crushing blow for us viewers, though, when sniveling Katie looked up to see that her mother had come back.
- I was happy to see how many teams never even considered leaving a team member behind, knowing they were probably forfeiting the $30,000. It says alot about Charles that he wants to leave Sam. And Sam knows it. That's why he volunteered to stay behind. He wants to see what Charles will do. Or maybe he's hoping they will so he doesn't have to listen to Charles anymore. The Browns never would have left Keith behind, but I'm hoping that now that Keith is out with an injury, their team will be stronger. I like them. And Keith is a nice guy, but he wasn't physically up to it. He held them back.
- CIA wins the money. Darn. I wanted AF to win, especially after the other teams ganged up on them. That would've been sweet revenge.

2 comments:

Judy said...

AF romping through the swamps was probably the single-most sexiest scene from TV in 2006! It was BEAUTIFUL!!! *sigh*

I really hoped against hope that Katie would be sitting her duff on the grass under that tree come next week. Drat.

Anonymous said...

I really hope that the Browns get stronger now - I really like them. They're such nice people. But Keith was slowing them down unfortunately. Maybe things will change for them now.

As for the AF men... Hottie McHotHots... that's what they are. And frankly I find the Southie Boys extremely attractive as well, especially John. But the accent is wearing on me. And they fight too much.

Katie just needs a muzzle.