Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It could've gone so wrong...

but it didn't! Katye Fogal is OUT and Air Force is still in on Treasure Hunters! Air Force, don't ever scare me like that again, by the way. I'm not sure I could've continued watching if it had gone the other way. But it's all good, and I'm sure Air Force will leap back into the lead on the next leg.

Not a whole lot of recap necessary this week. They went to Paris. The only good part of that would be the fact that you're in the catacombs, meaning the Frenchmen you'll encounter are dead. How typical that Air Force, the Fogals and the Geniuses got screwed over by locals on the train who said they'd take them to the catacombs, but had no idea where the catacombs were. What a surprise - screwed by the French.

Lafayette statue - break the mask. Not much to say on this one except that Kayte argued against breaking the mask. Of course.

Dover Castle. Good goin' Southie Boys! Good for them for figuring out the clue, especially after Ex-CIA's comment that they were one step above Neanderthals. Whatsa matter, Ex-CIA? You don't like a Boston boy accent? Go pahk the cah and shut up. Speaking of Ex-CIA, how about Todd taking credit for the Ben Franklin clue - Miss USA told him the answer, and he just confirmed on Ask.com, and next thing you know, he's claiming he researched it and found the answer. Not really, pal. Oh, and did you notice the cameras everywhere you go? Probably not wise to lie about how stuff goes down.

My favorite line of this week's show: Francis to Charles, "Don't throw a hissy fit." Ha! I laughed out loud. Boy, did that tick Charles off.

St. Bart's church. The Geniuses actually had the cajones to claim that Air Force is always trying to "use our brains." Well, gosh, Francis, you're exactly right. Air Force has spent this entire hunt at the front of the pack, looking back at you guys asking you to figure stuff out for them. It's just been week after week of them riding your coattails. Idiot.

That's kind of it for this week. One parting note is about the "audience participation" texting contest they do every week. They could lose that part of the show if they do another season. I don't think it draws in any viewers, and the DJ voice at the end announcing "Congratulations to Mary Smith from Duluth, Iowa!" with the mysterious music playing underneath is sort of annoying.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Yeah, they are trying the "Deal or No Deal" approach to audience participation. I don't like it on that show either, and it is a money show anyway. If I wanted to participate, I'd sign up to play! I just wanna watch!

Is next week the live finale? I can't remember - croupy kids are warping my sense of time!

Anonymous said...

Friday was fun, but obviously a little too heavy on the margarita drinking from my part. I don't even remember you having a camera let alone taking such an "attractive" picture of me. Sigh...I scare myself.

Good Times!