Tuesday, July 18, 2006

The real treasure would be Kayte shutting up.

Picture me standing behind a table, my hands on the table. I'm hunched over, my head down, barely able to support my body weight, my face a mask of pain. This is what Kayte on Treasure Hunters does to me - she's a lifeforce sucking, screeching, bird alien that needs to be silenced. Ex-CIA guys - you do that sort of thing, right?

This week on Treasure Hunters, we had to endure some replays of Kayte's scritching and screaming from last week as she trounced around the swamp. As if watching it the first time last week wasn't agony enough. But then we got to see her whining through the theater task, distracting Brad to the point that he couldn't even think to get the mirror clue. In fact, she actively hassled him AWAY from the clue. She is just frigging brutal.

Of course, Air Force figured out the mirror clue in seconds. They R.O.C.K. I loved Ex-CIA's Jacob's comment: "Those guys are robots. It's man versus machine at this point." Brooke was especially cool to me this week when she reminded Husband Matt to keep the flag off the ground. "A little respect," she said, patting him on the side. Sidenote: I noticed Husband Matt has one of those tattoos that circles the bicep like a vine or strap or something, and I couldn't help but feel vindication of my earlier thought from yesterday. While I'm not a proponent of tattoos, they do look pretty sexy on some guys. Just be sparing. There's no excuse for this kind of thing:



Oh, and to give Bitchy Genius Charles his due, he also gave the flag some love. When Francis got a little cavalier with our nation's symbol, he said, "That's not happening. The flag's not on the floor." Or something like that. In any case, I give him props. I'm libertarian in many ways, and I don't really like laws for things like flag-burning. I don't think you should do it, but I'm not sure I like laws about such things. If you want to be an a-hole, I guess it's your right. I see it as freedom of expression. You're free to express that you hate this country with that kind of act, but I'm free to tell you there's a flight every minute or so out of this country from any major city. Find a country you like better. But I digress.

More on the Geniuses. How sweet was it that Sam saved the day on the mirror clue after Charles wanted to boot him? Go Sam. It's your birthday.

The digging task was hienous. Air Force, of course, knocked it out in minutes, but truly, it was luck that they happened to start at just the right spot. The Amazing Race does stuff like that all the time, and it can make you scream when the wrong team lucks out. Luckily, Air Force is the right team, so it's all good. ;) Oh, and of course, Kayte wouldn't shut the hell up again, and if Brad had listened to her, she would have again blown it for them. Muzzle her.

WOW, did that 6-hour penalty kill the Browns! I'm not sure that was completely necessary either. Since all they had to do was finish the task they were on and they could've dropped Keith out anyway, why not just put them back in the swamp and say, "Go"? They're already serving a penalty from the time they lost with the EMTs getting Keith out. So, just let them pick it back up there. Having them hang out for 6 hours was tantamount to just taking them out of the game. That's a bummer. I liked the Browns.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I think the, er, belly makes that picture.

Can we all vote Kayte out and end our misery? I might actually make it all the way through an episode if she weren't screeching through it.

Anonymous said...

Well, I just wrote this fabulous (and long) comment in response, and then whaddya know, the blog flaked out on me and didn't save the comment and post it. So now this is all you get:

Katye sucks - thank god for tivo. Kudos to Genious Sam. Go to hell, Charles. Missing the Browns, the penalty was unfair.