Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Where does the tree skirt go?

It's a beautiful day here in the neighborhood - in fact, it's unseasonably beautiful. It'll be in the 80s (as in a high of almost 90) today here in Austin, Texas, and that's just craaaaazy! It is November, right? Thanksgiving is only two weeks away, and I'm in a sleeveless shirt today (a zippy little number with a leopard print and these little fringe things all over to make it look furry. My co-worker said it's "super cute" and she's a fashionista - she knows.). I can't even begin to think about Christmas (only 6 weeks away!) until I'm at least in a jacket, and I've done no Christmas shopping at all. I'm not really complaining, because a beautiful day is beautiful no matter what month it comes. I'm just having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit when it feels like May.

But fear not! Retailers have indicated their wish to get me in the spirit whether it feels natural or not. In fact, some are going to make sure I don't confuse the biggest shopping season of the year with anything natural OR spiritual: http://www.hammacher.com/publish/72376.asp. Sure, you'd look like a half-wit to anyone who entered your home, but there'd be so much more room for presents!!! And isn't that really what Christmas is all about? (sniff!)

1 comment:

Judy said...

Gee, if only I had about $700 to blow on an UPSIDE-DOWN TREE! It was next on my shopping list!