Monday, November 28, 2005

Do you think Denise Austin eats pie?

Well, I'm back in the saddle and five pounds heavier! But it was worth it. I'll eat like a normal human being this week and see if I can make a dent in the pie, cobbler, mac and cheese, ambrosia, sweet rolls, etc., I gorged on. Possibly some Denise Austin could be in order.

We had Thanksgiving at my brother's house this year, and he has this great set of living room furniture - some wonderful designer managed to cram 5 recliners into 1 chair, 1 couch and 1 loveseat. It was almost impossible to not have a recliner, what with being able to make the kids move if they happened to be in prime seating real estate. I tell you that living room is recliner heaven! Now, you might be thinking recliners are for old men in jumpsuits (by the by, there's a sale on), but that's just not true. There ain't nuthin better than stuffing yourself silly with rich food, climbing into a cushy expanse of microfiber (or leather if you prefer), snapping up that foot rest, then easin' on back into a barely upright position. A large television with the murmur of a football game you're only half watching, and my friend, that's a nap right there.

Speaking of football, the UT game wasn't a thrashing and I didn't enjoy every minute of it, but I'm glad for the outcome. Vince Young did not have a Vince Young-like day, and you would know that the aggies had their best game of the year, so that combination made the game more of a competition than anyone expected. We still came out on top, but it was uglier than I would've liked. It was uglier than Vince Young would've liked, too, because I saw him a couple of interviews later in the day, and he still looked pretty pissed about his performance. I believe he can kiss that Heisman goodbye for this year. But I think that may be for the best. He's said he'll be back next year, so that means we can all stop talking about the Heisman and Vince's plans and get focused on the team and what they need to do. Colorado had better be prepared because I'm guessing you won't see another repeat of Friday in either of the two games left this season. I believe Texas had put itself on cruise control, and they got their wake-up call.

Well, folks, with that another Thanksgiving is under our belts, and that means it's now officially Christmas season! Onward ho!

1 comment:

Judy said...

I already wrote you about the game, right? That McGee...whadda we gonna do with him??? Someone should have roughed him up a bit, put him in his place.

I'm on the 27 days til Christmas diet...we'll see how it goes!