Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I'm ready for pie.

Well, I'm off today to visit the fam in Houston for Thanksgiving, so I won't be posting for several days. I'll try to come back loaded with fascinating and entertaining tales of family fun.

Oh, and I hope gloating will be in order. It is my hope that Friday will thus forth be known as The Day of Thrashing, when the Longhorns suspended any notion of mercy while beating the aggies into the ground. Of course, the aggies are pretty much already beaten into the ground, so it's not quite as much fun as playing an opponent with an actual prayer of giving you a contest. But it's a&m, so that means that if we do, in fact, impart a thrashing, I hope it will be epic, and I'll enjoy every second of it. That is my way, people. You'll just have to reconcile that with your equally compelling notions of my integrity and love of animals.

Have a really great, safe Thanksgiving! God Bless America and each and every one of us!

2 comments:

Judy said...

I had to hold my breath through that game - WHAT HAPPENED???? I was expecting a far bigger score from our Horns, but a win is a win, right? That McGee is going to be something to reckon with for those Aggies, I'm afraid, but he had better leave that sorry attitude he threw all over the field behind. He made me sick to watch him parading around as if he was SOLELY responsible for every good thing they did.

Colorado next week, right? Those boys better keep their eyes on the prize!

GO HORNS!

Suzanne said...

I have no idea what was wrong with our team - too much triptophan?? And yeah, McGee has got talent, but he might want to consider learning how to get out of bounds or hit the deck if he doesn't want to end up brain damaged by his junior year! He was actually baiting tackles at one point to bring it on! That feeds into a stereotype about the IQs of aggies...

Onto Colorado and hopefully a Big 12 championship!