Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Amazing Race recap, beeotches

So, we're fully under way now with TAR. We've met the teams and we're a-racin! Let's talk about this Sunday's episode.

The teams started out by traveling to Ho Chi Minh City. I think they said the name of the city about 50 times, because it became a joke between me and J. Everytime they'd say it, J or I would say, "Where are they going again?"

Puppet Theater - the puppet theater was kinda cool. And I thought it was funny how the contestants would jerk their hands back if the dragon came toward them, because I know I would've done the same thing. You know it's a puppet, but hello - it's a *dragon*! My favorite part of this task, though, was when Lance The Wonder Lawyer couldn't figure out the clue and, as usual, managed to blame Keri for every obstacle they encountered. MAN, that guy is a tool!

Sap City - I'm only going to mention this long enough to say I could've done without the sob stories about Big Easy's dad who died recently and Marcy's dad, the pilot who we all now know (because we heard it like 3 times) was shot down over Vietnam and rescued. Let's skip the heartstrings, people, and just race, MMMkay?

Child's Play v. Word Play - I can't believe Marcy and Ron picked Word Play. That seemed much harder than Child's Play. And sure enough, it was. I would definitely have picked Child's Play and I would've picked the smallest animal figure I could find to navigate around the park with. I don't know what Zev and Justin were thinking with that giraffe.

Roadblock - the VCRs. I think I could've done this one, but in all honesty, J probably could rip through them in half the time. Too bad Lance didn't injure himself ripping them apart with his bare hands.

Pit Stop - I like that the Globetrotters won this leg. I like the guys - their personalities and the way they play. It's too bad about Marcy and Ron, but she was kind of annoying so I won't miss her. As I'm sure you've already guessed, my fervent hope each week now is that Lance will get booted. He's my guy to hate this season.

Okay, that was short and sweet, but if you TAR fans have anything to add, feel free to put it in the comments!

No comments: