Monday, September 28, 2009

And they're off!

Well, The Amazing Race, Season 15 started last night - woohoo! I think the best option for this first column is for me to go over the teams for this season, and if there's something to say in relation to the actual racing, I'll say it in regard to specific teams.

Meghan and Cheyne - Not really much to say yet on these two, except what's up with the stupid spelling of Cheyne's name? Why do people think that naming your child is a creativity contest?

Maria and Tiffany - Let's be honest. These two are beeyotches. When you lie to people first thing by telling them you work with at-risk kids when you literally make your living playing poker, you can confidently look in the mirror and know you have no integrity. You make your living playing poker? Cool. I personally have no problem with that. But you obviously do deep down or you wouldn't feel the need to lie about it. And your theory that if people don't know you play a game for a living, it'll give you an advantage? What did that last - about 10 minutes? And now everyone knows you're liars.

Marcy and Ron - these two seem nice, but I think Marcy is gonna get on my nerves, and I don't think I'd want her for a teammate. She's a little too "vibrant" to be joined to 24 hours a day for weeks and weeks.

Lance and Keri. One word: douchebag. Lance is my guy to hate already. I was hoping he'd be knocked out with that first license-plate challenge. No such luck. And, of course, he blamed Keri for the two of them not seeing the symbol they needed on their clue. That's about right for some Yankee muscle-head lawyer - blame someone else for your mistakes. I sure as hell wouldn't hire that guy as my lawyer. He can't even manage a clue in a game, but you'd expect him to be thorough enough for your legal matters? No thanks. When he blew your case, he'd blame you somehow.

Herbert and Nathanial - Harlmen Globetrotters! Love these guys already and are rooting for them. Nice guys will out!

Gary and Matt - I think these guys, too. As an Austinite, the pink hair barely makes my notice, but I'll make note of it this one time since we're on introductions. So here goes: Matt has pink hair. There. I mentioned it. I think these guys are going to have common sense and work well together as a team, and it'll be cool if the experience brings them closer as father and son. Rooting for you guys to do well!

Garrett and Jessica - the first team eliminated. These two should just break up now and get it over with. In the course of one show, Garrett went from talking about how great Jessica was and wanting to marry her to talking about how he wasn't sure they were a good match for marriage because she doesn't handle stress well. From the TAR Web site, I found out that Garrett proposed to her after they were eliminated. I doubt they'll make it to the alter, but if they do, I think it's a safe bet that they won't make it two years - maybe not even a year. Off and on for seven years, mostly off, and proposing "to lift her spirits" (he said that) while on some extended vacation at a resort, not in the real world, is not a recipe for lifelong marital bliss. Start your office pools now on when these two will split up.

Brian and Ericka - no really strong feelings about these two. It's hard to look away from her because she's so pretty (as she should be since was Miss America 2004). She's intense, though. But I think as a couple they're solid and they'll do fine.

Eric and Lisa - the yoga couple, eliminated before the race began. I don't think I like that new feature. I like to see more action than that before someone gets booted.

Same and Dan - the gay brothers. They'll be a strong team, but no real strong feeling about them yet.

Zev and Justin - I was prepared to be annoyed by Zev since he's got Asberger's, but I'm not. I like these two, and I loved when Zev *owned* the duck challenge.

Mika and Canaan - Southern, "sexually pure" singer and songwriter (okay he says he's pure, but she didn't actually say, as J pointed out). Nothing to say on these two yet, and I won't share J's thoughts on them since this a family blog. Oh wait, it's not really a family blog. But I still won't share his thoughts. Sometimes, it's best to just let him share them for himself, lest someone think they're mine.

So, those are our teams! Next week, I'll do more dissecting of the actual action. TAR fans, comment away!!

1 comment:

Judy said...

And your last comment - on Mika and Canaan - would be EXACTLY why J needs his own blog!