Thursday, September 24, 2009

Modern Family

Sometimes I think I should just start a TV blog. I love it, after all, and maybe I'd be motivated to post more regularly. But I already have regular gigs that require my time, so I probably don't actually need yet another commitment. With this blog, I just post when the mood strikes.

That said, I just have to post a little shout out to the new ABC show Modern Family. It premiered last night, and let me just pronounce it hilarious.

I've been watching the promos for it for weeks, and I couldn't wait for it to start, and it didn't disappoint. All three of the individual families that come together to create the larger family are just so freakin' funny. I liked them all.

And I could so relate to the mom of the family that's comprised of the 30-something couple with three kids. The oldest daughter is 15, and the mom is paranoid that her daughter is going to be a wild child like she was, so she's on the alert for every little thing. It just cracks me up, because I know I would be the same way! I'd be like, "Oh you want to do X? Uh, no, you're not doing that because I know what that really means you're going to be doing." My kids wouldn't get away with anything, and it would probably drive them crazy!

Anyway, it's a great show. It's just a half-hour, so give it a shot next Wednesday. Please. Because I really want this show to make it and be around to make me laugh for more than just one season like Pushing Daisies.

No comments: