Friday, May 01, 2009

One Day at a Time

So, the whole "Maude" thing a few days ago got me nostalgic for the sitcoms of my youth. Not only do I enjoy TV, but as a singer, I'm also a fan of the TV theme song (thus my mention yesterday of the Greatest American Heroes band - that's two plugs, guys - what do I get for my marketing efforts??). So, I decided to take a little trip down memory lane and find some of my favorite 70s sitcom theme songs to share.

I think I may make this a standing Friday thang for a while, in the same vein as Judy's Friday Flashback of 80s music videos. I ran out of steam quickly when I started to do this with cartoons (mostly because so few people shared my cartoon humor), but I think I'm gonna hit some gold with sitcoms. You all like to pretend you're too good for TV, but I'm gonna be bringin' back some memories with the gems I dig up! Take it to the bank!

So "Maude" notwithstanding, since I didn't actually get the theme song, let's start this nostalgia train with a litte "One Day at a Time." This is a good one. Mackenzie Phillips before the drugs caught up to her. Bonnie Franklin when hip women believed that bra-less was cool (until they all discovered their boobs had gotten all droopy and stretch-marked). Schneider - because it's fun to say his name. Valerie Bertinelli when she was young and cute. Oh, how I wanted her hair! And I learned a valuable lesson from this show: running away with your teenage boyfriend in his van is not as much fun as you think it will be.

2 comments:

Judy said...

Was Mary Louise Wilson in "Rocky Horror Picture Show"? LOL

I loved One Day At a Time...

ang said...

So I couldn't remember the theme song until I played the clip, and then surprisingly, I remembered a lot more of the lyrics than I thought I would! Very cool...