Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Gotta love my new neighborhood

I've seriously got to keep the camera more handy around my new house.

The other night, I was out front, and the lady next door whispered for me to Look! Quick! I looked across at the cemetery where she was pointing, and there were a beautiful pair of foxes. Seems they hang out there at night. Awesome! J and I watched again the next night, and there were three, so there must be a little family of them that hunt for mice and such. Who knew? I've been trying to figure out how to get a picture without scaring them with a flash, but mostly I'll have to make sure my cat doesn't think she can tangle with them. That is a trip to the vet I do not need.

But as cool as the foxes are, it just got a whole lot weirder. Just now, I glanced out the window as a lady passed by walking her two dogs on a leash, and trailing behind her, right on her heels was a white...dog? NO! It was a goat! A goat, out for a walk with Mom and the dogs in the middle of the city! The cruised by too quickly for me to grab the camera, but I'm going to have to start documenting this neighborhood.

My, oh my, how I do love this new house!

1 comment:

Judy said...

Camera is definitely a necessity! You need to document pet goats in Austin!