Wednesday, April 22, 2009

This is why you come here.

So, I've been working a cold, or possibly allergy, since Saturday. Sore throat for a couple of days, followed by several days of congestion headache and constant nose-blowing. Good times.

Last night, I decided to use some nose spray to help open up the old sinus passages before I went to bed - try to keep down the possibility of any snoring since J is a light sleeper and the slightest noise in the night is met with, "It's like Armageddon in here!" (Okay, he's never actually said that, but he IS a light sleeper and everything wakes him up.)

I grab the bottle, shove it up one of my breathing holes, as instructed, squeeze the bottle and FWUP!! The entire nozzle decapitated from the bottle and propelled itself up my nostril with such force that it actually stuck! I'm not even joking. Because we're past the first two months of dating, I stepped into the doorway without removing it and said to J, "Look at this! Can you believe this??" He laughed, thank God, instead of turning away and saying, "Gross!" I followed up by asking, "Who does this happen to besides me?" He had no answer.

Since I didn't think to grab a camera, there is no still photography or video of the event, so instead, I'll share this with you today. It'll be stuck in your head all day. You're welcome.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

My kids and I laughed our guts out at the clip. We will be singing that song all day long. I think we will go back and watch it again.

Johnny Austin said...

Yeah, that monkey kicks ass at riding the Segwe!

And you look cute with a spray nozzle up your nose, funny, but cute too...

Judy said...

I will now be forced to hurt you Tuesday night at dinner because of that Bam-bam-bam-bam-bam-bam Chimpanzee Ridin' on a Seguay.

Maybe THAT'S why you ended up with a spray nozzle up your nose!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ang said...

I'm with Judy. I hate you for that damn video! I should have heeded your warning, but no, I had to click the video and see for myself.