Thursday, April 23, 2009

Spin - like Web MD but different

I happened to see the cover of Spin magazine this morning - I guess it's the most recent issue. It has No Doubt on it. Anyway, I glanced at the blurbs enticing you to read the stories inside. Gwen Stefani is going to perform again with No Doubt. "I felt like I was cheating on them!" she exclaimed, according to the cover.

Then I looked at the other blurbs. It promised health tips from rock stars. Hmmm - seems like an odd resource for health advice, but I'll bite. So, I look at the quote from some guy from some band I've never heard of: "I've stopped smoking crack!"

Um.

Isn't that kind of like saying, "I've stopped pointing a loaded pistol at my head and pulling the trigger!" and claiming that's a health tip?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOLOLOLOL! Seriously, my butt fell off from laughing at that last line... Yeah, I think I'm going to stop smoking crack now... Thanks guys... ;)