Thursday, October 09, 2008

This is what I love about my friends.

A friend of mine sent one of those meme "Get to know your friends" things on email, where you answer a series of questions - "What color socks are you wearing?" and "What states have you lived in?" That kinda thing.

Well, one of the questions was "How do you vent anger?" It is this question above all others that reveals to me why I love my friends. They're just so honest and real! No bullshit politically correct (i.e. "I'm a superior human being") answers like, "I go for a jog" or "I meditate." No, with my friends, it's just honest answers that make you say, "Yeah, me too. Thank god I'm not the only one who hasn't evolved." A sampling of my friends' responses:

"A lot of swearing"

"I tend to spew at [my husband], poor guy"

"Silent seething, then biting 'discussion'"

"I drop the f bomb a lot or I am silent and [husband] has to beg me to find out what's wrong."

AND

"Yell, Cuss or shutdown (depends on who it is I am angry at)" - This one was from a friend, but it was also my answer. :)

I should note that these answers came from both men and women. And I want to thank you all categorically for being the cool people you are. It's only because you are yourselves with me that I can be myself with you, and I laughed reading each and every one of these. You guys are the best! And let's not get mad at each other, because it looks like there would be a lot of cursing involved, and some of you have children around now. ;)

1 comment:

Judy said...

You're welcome.

You can only IMAGINE how "pleasant" it has been around here with my computer in California and its return questionable at best. Good times.