Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Amazing Race!

I've been remiss. The Amazing Race is through Week 3 now, and I haven't blogged about it once! In fairness, though, I've been distracted by football, so it's forgiveable. But let's dish about TAR!

Okay, I missed the first week, so I didn't see all the introductions, but let's talk about the teams!

Terence & Sarah. From what I've seen so far, Terence is a whiney girl and Sarah is annoying me with her Spanish for some reason. I don't even really know why about the Sarah/Spanish thing, but that's where we are. I'm not rooting for these two, though, based mainly on Terence's estrogen.

Marisa & Brooke. Labeled as "Southern Belles." These two are just the usual, token, pretty little young blondes who think constantly wearing pink and perpetually shining a sorority smile is endearing. It's not. Not rooting for 'em.

Andrew & Dan. Labeled as "Frat Guys," these two more seem like nerds to me than frat guys, and I kind of like them. I haven't seen anything yet about them to annoy me, so I got no bad vibes for Andrew & Dan. Good luck, guys!

Aja & Ty. I didn't get any feel for this pair last week, but this week Aja really pissed me off. She felt the need to get involved in the drama between two other teams, tattling to the Divorcees that Starr asked her and Ty to U-Turn the Divorcees. There was NO reason to tell the Divorcees what Starr had requested other than to cause drama, and I have no patience for that. If you don't want to U-Turn them, don't U-Turn them, but shut up about it and just keep racing your own race. Don't get involved in people's drama, and don't cause even more of it. That kind of immaturity and negative energy is bad karma, and you can bet that Aja's got something coming. Not rootin' for 'em.

Mark & Bill. I'm so bummed these guys got eliminated this week! I liked them. I was rootin' for 'em. :(

Toni & Dallas. No real feeling for or against them at this point. J was annoyed that Toni is running the race and doesn't appear to be in very good shape, so she kind of held Dallas back in South America, but I think the altitude was just getting to her and that can happen to anyone, so I'm not going to hate on her for that. We'll see if I get a stronger feeling as the race wears on.

Nick & Starr. I'm okay with them for the moment, but if Starr wants someone U-Turned, then she needs to have the balls to do it herself instead of asking another team to do it. If she's going to war with the Divorcees, then she needs step up to the front line. Asking someone else to get in the firing line while she hides behind them is lame. Now, I didn't see what did or didn't happen with the Divorcee's sports bra. If she did knock it off the balcony, then I'm crossing her off my list. If she didn't, and Divorcee is just being paranoid (and probably jealous because Starr is pretty and younger), then I don't blame her for being in Divorcee's face about the accusation. Just stay in her face, not hiding behind someone else's skirts.

Anita & Arthur. I missed the first week - were these two the first team eliminated?

Kelly & Christy. These are my official "love to hate them" team right now. I can't stand these two. I can certainly see why they're divorced. I wouldn't want to live with either of them either. And I was sick that they survived this last week because of Mark & Bill's mistake with the cab. Arrrgh. Rooting against them.

Ken & Tina. Ditto on my reaction to Kelly & Christy. Can't stand them. Tina is a hag, and Ken kisses her ass because he feels guilty about his infidelity. Well, good lord, man, of course you cheated on her. *I* want to cheat on her! She's awful! That ridiculous scene at the airport where she ran around telling everyone that she got the airline to switch to a bigger plane for them?? PUH-LEASE!!! She's heinous. I hate that they're in first place and have already won two trips. Actively rooting against these two.

Anthony & Stephanie. Another team I haven't seen. Did I miss the first TWO weeks? Sheeeeeesh.

I'll do a better job of commenting on the action going forward, instead of just the racers, but you know how this works. If someone makes me want to slap them, I gotta share. And I welcome feedback from the peanut gallery, so if you're watching, be sure and comment! Love The Race, man!!

5 comments:

Johnny Austin said...

Hook Em Baby!

Johnny Austin said...

My favorite part about the last episode was the divorceeeeees crashing their bikes! When one of them slammed their head into the wall, and they showed it over and over in slow motion... That was awesome, it made me feel real good deep down in my soul...

J

Judy said...

How am I missing this??? When is it on???

Anonymous said...

We really enjoy your comments on our blog. You are so cleaver and your comments add humor to the blog. Please keep them up and don't take them off. Hearing from you reminds also that we have some children in Texas. I would write this on a email to you but we do not have one for you. Dana danathelin@gmail.com Have a great day.

Tiffany said...

We love amazing race at our house. I have to say when the divorcee ran into the wall, I used my DVR to replay it over and over so I could keep the laugh going. Right now I like the brother and sister team, but the guys who got booted last week were my faves.