Monday, October 27, 2008

Amazing Race

Well, I was wrong in my prediction about who would be booted this week from Amazing Race, but not by much. The Frats just barely hung in there. I'm sorry to see Aja and Ty go. I didn't like when Aja tattled to the Divorcees about Starr, but overall, they were fine. I was suprised Ty said he'd be moving to LA to be with Aja, though. I thought she had gotten on his nerves during the race. Oh well - good luck to them! On with the race.

Fly to Cambodia. As usual, Terence needed a Midol. He got pulled over for speeding on the way to the airport, and when Sarah commented that she always thought of him as a slow driver, he petulantly responded that she was a jerk and "Is that how you console someone who just got a ticket?" Really, dude? You have GOT to grow a pair. She wasn't criticizing you - she was just making an observation, and her tone was clearly that of someone trying to lighten the mood and let you know she wasn't upset or pissed about the time delay. So, yeah, that's how she consoles you - by letting you know it ain't no thang but a chicken wang. But since you live in a constant state of PMS, I can see where you probably needed a hug and a good cry instead. HOW is she attracted to that?

At the airport, the Divorcees once again showed their true colors by making fun of Dallas's hair. Yes, Dallas - a nice guy who has never done one nasty thing to them. MAN those women are bitches.

Cambodia. Hand crank gasoline. Maybe if we had to crank our own, we'd use less in this country. Or at least get a little more exercise. There might be more explosions from idiots with cigarettes trying to smoke and fill up their cars at the same time, but that would probably cut down on our lung cancer expenditures, so again, not a bad thing. The Frats really shot themselves in the foot on this task - or I should say that Andrew did. He just couldn't seem to grasp that he needed to pump faster to get the pump to work. Dan knew it, and told him, but Andrew wouldn't listen, and for some reason, Dan didn't just jump in and do it himself until a bunch of teams had already passed them. Was he not allowed to take over or something? Did they have to choose one person to pump and they had chosen Andrew? I might've missed that - I was making pie while I watched this episode. Seriously. I was making a pie.

Murky water. Terence may have actually put on a bra and panties during this leg. He was marginally manly by pushing the boat after the engine failed, but he blew his man points all to hell by the way he pushed it. Plaintively and repeatedly asking Sarah in a tragic voice how far he'd gone, I swear he was crying by the time they got to the restaurant.

The tasks during this leg were kind of odd. It was like a scavenger hunt more than a challenge. But I guess wading around in the murky water for the next task was risk enough. And the fish couldn't have smelled good.

The ancient temple was cool. I'd like to see that place. And I enjoyed watching Tina lose time by wandering around and not just asking someone where the Chamber of Echoes was and then getting lost after she found the clue. Could her voice be any more annoying? I don't know how Ken listens to it. And I don't know how J listens to me imitating her when we're watching the show. He's probably going to throw a glass at me one of these days if I don't stop. And yet I can't...

Nick and Starr won the leg, which is fine with me. I'm not rooting for them, but I'm not against them either, and with the teams that are left, that may be what I'm stuck with by the end - just hoping a team I hate doesn't win. But I guess if the only teams left were teams I liked, it would cut down on my motivation to watch, since I wouldn't care anymore who won, since I'd be happy with any of them. I'm still gonna root for the Divorcees to bite the dust, though. I don't like them in case you hadn't noticed.

2 comments:

Judy said...

I remembered about 8:30 last night and prayed that some football game went long, but to no avail. I missed the dern thing!

The divorcees soooooo need to be taken out. Can anyone do some minor bodily harm to them to get them knocked out? I'm game.

A pie? Was it a celebratory pie, like my celebratory chocolate chip oatmeal cookies? I'm sculpting them into longhorns today...hahaha.

Johnny Austin said...

Your pie was delicious baby! And you're always funny, not annoying when you mocking bird the TV... ;) Till next week, we wait, for the Divorcees go down, I'm proud of the men that left them...

J