Monday, October 20, 2008

No more Pinkies.

A little bit better result this week on The Amazing Race. But let's start at the beginning.

So, the Divorcees don't want to try and mend fences with Starr and Nick? Shocking. What a surprise that they want to keep a war going if at all possible. I really can't wait for these two to be ousted.

Fly to New Zealand. Ty and Aja are really starting to argue on a regular basis. They're not ugly with the way they argue, but I'm not sure their long-term prospects as a couple are good with the way they butt heads. Admittedly, though, this would be a pretty rough jump from being long-distance. It would be hard to be together all the time in a high-stress situation involving alot of decision-making even if you were used to one another. When you haven't even been together on a daily basis and you toss yourself into this situation? I'm not sure it's the best relationship builder.

Did anyone notice Terrence's estrogen showing itself when the teams got to New Zealand and had to drive to their first challenge? He was driving and asked Sarah if she would touch his hair or something and show him some love. Good gravy, man, change your maxi pad!!

Ken & Tina do the Fast Forward. First, let me say that climbing that tower would've been hellish for me. I'm not great with heights, so scaling the outside of the tallest building in the Southern Hemisphere...I don't think I could've done it. No, I *could* have if I *had* to, but I would've been miserable and hated every second of it, and it wouldn't have been worth it to me. And I'm surprised K&T thought it was, considering they were already in first place. I'm not sure why they thought they needed to do that. J kept saying he thought it was the coolest thing ever, but he and I seem to have different survival instincts. We'll leave it at that.

Roadblock: Maori tattoos. J and I agreed this one would've been mine. If there's one thing I'm good at it, it's attention to detail. I wanted to slap the blonde who kept giving a little "eek!" and drawing her hand back when the warrior would grunt at her at the clue box, though. MAN, why do women like that think it's cute to act like a 4-year-old??

Gnome spotting. Nothing to say on this one.

Detour: stomp kiwis or sail go-karts. J is pretty mechanical, but I think I would've gone with the kiwis. The teams almost unanimously said the rocks in the bottom of the tank hurt their feet, but the Divorcees had no trouble with that, so J thinks that the lighter the person, the less painful the stomping. In that case, he and I would've done well - we're not heavy. And we would've gotten to drink kiwi juice at the end, though admittedly it would've been kiwi juice that had my feet in it. I'm not sure why Starr even tried to drive their car away from the go-kart place after hurting her arm so badly. I guess the rules must say you have to try or something. But I'll be curious to hear how bad her arm was hurt if they give an update on the next episode. I'm sure it wasn't broken, but it did look banged up.

In the end, Ken and Tina won the leg (again) because of the Fast Forward. Ick. I just do not like Tina. But the blondes were booted, so that was good. If only we can get the Divorcees outta there. I have a feeling the Frat Boys will be gone next, though. They've just barely hung on the last few weeks, and the field is narrowing. Barring a big mistake from someone else, I think they may be the next ones eliminated.

1 comment:

Judy said...

I watched! I watched!

And those divorced chicks make me wanna slap em.